Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Cozumel All-Inclusive Help Needed (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/cozumel-all-inclusive-help-needed-411386/)

kevinbeth Mar 15th, 2004 05:58 PM

Cozumel All-Inclusive Help Needed

We are planning a honeymoon to Cozumel this June. We want all the amenities...spa (massages), health club, nice beaches, great restaurants. Any recommendations?

TC Mar 16th, 2004 06:52 AM

The new Occidental Grand will probably fill your bill.

irishlass Mar 28th, 2004 08:19 AM

I am also planning a honeymoon in Cozumel in November. Any thoughts on the Presidente InContinental Cozumel Resort. It's all inclusive and looks beautiful, is it in a nice area, and ideal for a honeymoon setting?

KNJ Mar 28th, 2004 09:06 AM

The Presidente IC is not all inclusive. It is very nice though. The Iberostar, the Allegro and Grand are probably the best all-inclusives on the island.

irishlass Mar 28th, 2004 05:11 PM

Thanks. I am also looking into the Grand. I thought the Presidente was all inclusive...too good to be true I guess!

TC Mar 29th, 2004 08:50 AM

Check again. Some hotels have dining programs - similar to AL. Presidente may offer something like that. However, in my opinion unless you have young kids or intend to drink a lot (and booze is included) an AL is not the best plan for Cozumel. There are lots and lots of great places to eat in town.

Diana Mar 29th, 2004 09:35 AM

The Presidente is not AI and does not offer a meal plan.

I'd recommend you stay there and get taxis to the restaurants.

Cab fare is so cheap, and there are so many great places to eat on Cozumel that you would (imho) being doing yourselves a disservice to stay at an AI.

Plus the snorkeling alone at the Presidente is enough to justify staying there. It's the best on the island from shore.

irishlass Apr 5th, 2004 06:52 PM

Has anyone heard of the ReefClub Cozumel? We are looking into an all-inlusive package for our honeymoon. Never been, don't know if it's the right "fit". Good location/good food?
Please advise...

cozumelinsider Apr 7th, 2004 08:29 AM

I agree with other posters, for a honeymoon I would definitely pick Presidente for the ambiance meal plan or not! The AI's are nice places no question but are very popular with families so there are always alot of beach activities going on. Typically the hotel staff will run activities to keep the kids busy but they use loud musci, microphones and so forth in the process. There are some AI's here in CZM now that have separate beaches for families and another for those wanting more peace and tranquility but most do not have beaches large enough for this. Another factor to consider in your decision is how much of Cozumel to do you want to absorb while here. If you plan on staying in the hotel all the time and not exploring the island then one of the AI's would be fine. Most are a good $12-25 taxi ride from town ONE WAY so make sure you want to be that far away from everything!!

The Reef Club is a nice AI with a big beach ~it's been around now for about 7 years and is quite popular.

Enjoy your time in Cozumel!
[email protected]