Costa Rica - What to pack for January?

Old Dec 21st, 1998, 05:54 AM
Cheryl

Costa Rica - What to pack for January?

Can anyone give me some idea of what we need to pack for a trip to Costa Rica. We are leaving in two weeks time. The first part of the trip will be spent near Aranel Volcano and the second at a resort on the Pacific coast in Guanacaste. I have a feeling I will need to take a wide variety of clothes. Do I need to take jeans or will just some light weight cotton pants do for evenings? Do I need to pack hiking boots for the rainforests or will running shoes do?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Old Dec 21st, 1998, 06:07 AM
Robert Levy

Cheryl,

You can find an entire page of things to do to get ready for your trip. It is written for our students, but you may find some valuable information. I hope this helps. Please go to
http://www.ipee.com/ready.html

Old Dec 25th, 1998, 08:16 AM
todd

I suggest that you take very light clothing and I wouldn't even bother with pants as you probably won't even need them. It's hot in both places but especially the Guanacaste area. Furthermore I imagine you will be well off with only sneakers on your rainforest treks although light hikers are good. Good luck on your travels. TG

Old Dec 25th, 1998, 08:16 AM
todd

I suggest that you take very light clothing and I wouldn't even bother with pants as you probably won't even need them. It's hot in both places but especially the Guanacaste area. Furthermore I imagine you will be well off with only sneakers on your rainforest treks although light hikers are good. Good luck on your travels. TG

Old Dec 25th, 1998, 02:21 PM
pete

Here's a joke I made up..."You are in Costa Rica at the airport or anywhere in the country for that matter---how can you tell if someone is a tourist or if they are Costa Rican? Answer: The Costa Ricans are wearing jeans, the tourists are not." We were advised NOT to bring jeans "They won'y dry" or "They are too heavy" or "They are too hot" But the ONE thing I didn't bring that I wish I had---BLUEJEANS! great for riding horses, traveling in the highlands area...yes it is humid and hot on the coast, but if you like to where jeans, bring 'em!