costa rica please help? suzie? anybody?

Jun 10th, 2003, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

costa rica please help? suzie? anybody?

I am traveling to CR in Jan.w/husband. we like some nightlife lots of activities and beach life. We are staying 7ngts 3at captain suizos and 4 at si como no in quepas. We are flying to these 2 destinations. Am I making a mistake by missing Arenal? I really don't want to give up the other 2 areas unsure if I could fit this in .If I would add this what would you suggest for transportation?We have 7 nights and am not staying in san jose.I need help I guess it's just too great of a destination for 7 nights
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:34 AM

Been to CR a couple times and I'm quite fascinated with Arenal. My most recent trip (this past September) I had the delight of seeing the entire cone! Often the top portion of the volcano is cloud covered and you're unable to see the peak. AND, not only did the clouds part, BUT as I snapped away w/camera I also got a shot of a plume of gas spouting from top!

Given all that, I'd say your itineray of seven nights sounds fine just as it is. I've also been to Tamarindo & Quepos and thoroughly enjoyed my time at those beaches. You've said you enjoy nightlife & the beach? -- then that's where you should go. If you're like me and fall in love with Costa Rica, then you'll definitely plan to return. On your next visit, put Arenal on the itinerary.
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:16 AM

I have to agree with Tess. If you like beaches, you'll love the places you've already planned on this trip. I didn't visit the Arenal area until my 3rd trip to CR.
Although it is a site to see, chances are it would be cloud covered anyway, so save it for another visit.
Jun 11th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice !!

Search this Thread