Notices

Costa Rica Pacific Itinerary

Jan 6th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Original Poster

Costa Rica Pacific Itinerary

On our first wonderful trip to Costa Rica we flew into San Juan, visit the volcanoes, Monteverde and the zips, river/rain forest day, and spent 3 night in wonderful Nosara. Then we flew back to San Juan and home.

We are older but in good shape. Enjoy hikes, long walks on LONG beaches, snorkling, local color. We don't need to be entertained as in a formal resort: not big on nite life. Perfer a nice dinner and back to the beach for sunset. We are thinking Manuel Antonio and then go to Samara? 7 or 8 days most likely. San Juan, Manuel Antonio, Samara, San Juan? We picked Samara because of its reputation for beauty and great beach, enjoyed by the Tico, and we had enjoyed that area last time. Are we taking a sensbile approach?

Thanks,

Al
Boston
Jan 7th, 2013, 07:27 AM

That's not bad, but I'd recommend trying to get further south, combining a few days in Manuel Antonio with either the Osa (Drake Bay or a lodge outside of Puerto Jimenez), or something along the lines of Playa Zancudo or Ballena National Park.
Jan 8th, 2013, 09:10 AM

Just for the record, it is San Jose. Now your question. How about changing the coast? There is definitively local color in Caribbean town of Puerto Viejo, long beaches to walk, nice restaurants, even some nightlife. On the way there stop for 2 days in Tortuguero.
Jan 8th, 2013, 09:40 AM

Since you enjoy hiking and long walks, I'd take a look at the Osa Peninsula. The wildlife there is amazing. For me, personally I wouldn't want to do two beach locations, but if that's what you prefer then you may love it.

Search this Thread