Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Costa Rica Itenerary - which works best? (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/costa-rica-itenerary-which-works-best-220275/)

rihallix Jan 5th, 2008 10:14 AM

Costa Rica Itenerary - which works best?

Which Costa Rica itenerary would people recommend for my wife and I (in our 30s) who would be renting a 4WD and spending 7 days in early May in Costa Rica:

ITENERARY A:
1 night at the Peace Lodge,
2 nights in Arenal,
3 nights in Manuel Antonio

ITENERARY B:
1 night Peace Lodge,
1 night Arenal,
2 night in Monteverde,
2 nights in Manuel Antonio

C) Better suggestions for 6 nights welcome (Should we spend more time at Arenal)

Thanks, this will be our first trip to Central America.

Rihallix

volcanogirl Jan 5th, 2008 10:36 AM

I think you'd be much better off with A - there's a lot to do in Arenal, and it's a wonderful spot; you'd really be shorting yourself with only one night. Also, traveling to Monteverde is time-consuming, so you'd be spending a lot of your trip just getting from place to place.

shillmac Jan 5th, 2008 11:33 AM

Definitely A, rihallix!

Volcanogirl, I guess our two teams are the only ones in the Big 12 who busted in their bowl games. . .bummer!

volcanogirl Jan 5th, 2008 02:32 PM

Hi, shillmac - that is a bummer, and we even went to the game. They started out so well too. Maybe a new coach will help us.

My husband has tickets to the national championship game, so he's a happy camper. I was rooting for you guys. Hopefully this next year will be better for all of us.

Percy Jan 5th, 2008 02:38 PM

yes that is a real bummer ( tee- Hee!!!)
Hi Ladies

shillmac Jan 5th, 2008 03:01 PM

My husband went to the Fiesta Bowl as well. We didn't do well there last year either. I think he's had enough of that! Oh well, time to regroup for next year! :)

Hi Percy. That was a poor show of sympathy! Happy New Year. . .

Percy Jan 5th, 2008 03:53 PM

shillmac
I like the Fiesta Bowl ...it usually has good food in it.

or is there another type of Fiesta Bowl
hmmmm(wink)!!!

percy

shillmac Jan 5th, 2008 07:26 PM

Percy, you're not amusing! Where are you off to next?

volcanogirl Jan 5th, 2008 09:30 PM

Hi, Percy - Happy New Year!

Yes, you really must be more sympathetic to us - remember where we live! It would be like your having a terrible hockey team.

rihallix Jan 6th, 2008 06:13 PM

Sorry to interrupt the thread about the hockey.

If you could visit only one which would you recommend and why?

a) Arenal
b) Monteverde

Thanks, and better luck with the new coach.

Rihallix

volcanogirl Jan 6th, 2008 07:08 PM

For our first trip, we wanted to go to Arenal, Monteverde, and Manuel Antonio but felt like we were packing too much in, so we dropped Monteverde. Arenal just appealed to us more because we really wanted to see the volcano, visit the hot springs, zipline, and do Cano Negro. Arenal seemed like the best fit for us. I have not been to Monteverde yet, but would still like to. It gets great reviews from birders and nature lovers. Sorry we got off topic for you. The majority of people choose Arenal if given the choice.