Reload this Page >

Costa Rica in late January - Accomodation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 1997, 06:46 AM
leslie

We are planning a trip to Costa Rica in late January. The Rough guide (1996) mentions the importance of reserving accomodation well in advance in the peak season. Is this still the case or can one get away with planning where to go and where to stay upon arrival in San Jose? Any great ideas for small, interesting places to stay outside of the main touristed areas?
Thanks!!

Old Nov 1st, 1997, 03:55 PM
Alesia Bertholomey

I am also planning a trip to Costa Rica in Mid-January and I am also in the travel industry. I would not advise waiting until your arrival in San Jose to make hotel reservations. Not only will you encounter sold out situations but cars will also be sold out. I have been working on my trip for several weeks and I have already had problems finding space. I can help with hotel suggestions if you have an idea of your itinerary.

Old Nov 1st, 1997, 03:58 PM
Alesia Bertholomey

I am also planning a trip to Costa Rica in Mid-January and I am also in the travel industry. I would not advise waiting until your arrival in San Jose to make hotel reservations. Not only will you encounter sold out situations but cars will also be sold out. I have been working on my trip for several weeks and I have already had problems finding space. I can help with hotel suggestions if you have an idea of your itinerary.

Old Nov 3rd, 1997, 02:57 PM
Alicia Jeffery

We, too, are planning a trip to Costa Rica only in February. We have been told by a few people to book ahead. I will contact the person that responded to you already re booking information, but I also have some travel agencies in Costa Rica to e-mail. Here are their e-mail addresses for you: Vesa Nature Tours [email protected], Horizontes Nature [email protected] and [email protected]. (If you find out any more about people to book through please let me know. I'm travelling with kids and don't want to wing it. Good luck
ALICIA

Old Nov 5th, 1997, 07:58 PM
steve

My wife and I are planning the same trip and have not checked accomodations can you help?

Old Nov 6th, 1997, 02:12 PM
sandra morales

My husband is originally from Costa Rica and we travel freqently to San Jose and surrounding areas. The TICO TIMES is an English newspaper with a lot of good information regarding hotels. The e-mail addres is: [email protected] - Tico Time online is www.ticotimes.co.cr - hope this may help and you will find CR a wonderful country to visit.

Have never stayed here but this was recommended -
e-mail address - [email protected]