Costa Rica Honeymoon in December

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are thinking of doing the combination package at Punta Islita/Bosque de Paz for our honeymoon in Costa Rica in late December/early Jan. Any opinions on either of these places?
Also, we are having a hard time finding availability anywhere from Dec 30-Jan 2. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Old May 26th, 2004, 06:53 PM

Haven't been to Punta Islita, but know the area to the south. Have heard PI is very nice. I'd certainly like to go there sometime. Will stay at Bosque in July. . .anxious to see how we like it, but don't think we will be disappointed.

You are correct in that this particular time of year books very very early. Are neither of these two resorts you mentioned available or are you just checking out other places in general?

Although I can't give you first hand info, I sure don't think you'll go wrong with a PI/BdC combination!
Old May 26th, 2004, 06:59 PM

Unfortunately, we did not go to either but I had to respond b/c I too spent my honeymoon in CR in December. The interesting thing about CR is that it is a bit difficult to get around so if you only have a few days you're probably better off staying at one place (even though there's much to see!). From what I understand Punta Islita is very romantic. My husband and I stayed in Arenal and Manuel Antonio to get a bit of the beach, the jungle and the highlands. I wouldn't have changed it for the world. The one thing I wish I would have known is that the beach at Manuel Antonio is not that great. We spent most of our time at the hotel pool in MA. Arenal was absolutely beautiful, rainy but beautiful. It honestly is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been and the people are wonderful. You almost are afraid to tell your friends about it when you get back for fear of too many people discovering this gem. Have a wonderful time and congrats on your engagement. I wish you many years of happiness!

Pura Vida! (you'll know what I mean when you get there
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you for your replies!
All of the transportation will be taken care of by PI and Bosque, so hopefully that won't be a problem. I have a feeling we will be returning to CR to explore more!

shillmac- please let me know what you think of Bosque in July. Have a great trip! PI and Bosque de Paz were not available Dec 30-Jan 2, so we are going to stay at Orquideas Inn for a few nights.
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 04:09 PM

Oops, Lee Anne, I misread your first post. I was thinking of Bosque del Cabo. That is where we are staying next month--down on the Osa Peninsula.

Admitedly, it is difficult to find a place during the Christmas/New Year holidays. But it is early enough that if you look around, you will still find availability in MOST places, I think.
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 05:58 AM

I think you'll enjoy the Orquideas Inn. I've always stayed there first and last nights in the country and was there for New Years Eve 2002. They have a good restaurant and fantastic breakfast buffet. Nice grounds and a pretty little pool with some decent views. Also, it's a nice location to explore the area, such as La paz Waterfalls, Poas Volcano and the little town of Sarchi for good shopping. Have great honeymoon!
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 06:45 AM

I'm a little confused by your posts as to whether or not you will be at Punta Islita, but if you are, it is gorgeous and very romantic. But also very secluded. Not much to do there. We spent the last 4 nights of our April honeymoon there, and it was a perfect end to our adventure. We spent the first 8 days between Arenal and Manuel Antonio doing canopy tours, horseback riding, park tours, kayaking, sailing you name, we tried to do it! I would not have been happy spending all the time at PI because I don't think it gives a true CR flavor, but it is fabulous paired with something else. Especially for a honeymoon. If you do go, definitely have a "romantic dinner" on the beach.

Place had great views, good food, 2 pools and a beach (10 min walk from the suites). We loved it!

Have fun!
Stacey