Search

Costa Rica Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costa Rica Honeymoon

My fiance and I are considering having our honeymoon in Costa Rica mid September 2007. I was hoping for some input as to lodging and location. We know we want to be close to the beach. Ideally, we would like to stay in a private bungalow, cottage, B&B or quaint hotel. Also we'd like to stay somewhere that is close to or in a town to explore. We are interested in having different dining choices available to us. Some interests while we are there would be surfing, canopy tour, etc. But most importantly we want to stay in a romantic, comfortable, and reasonably affordable lodging. Any suggestions for lodging or just towns? Thanks!

What about Tamarindo?
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:58 AM

Captain Suizo in Tamarindo comes to mind.
www.hotelcapitansuizo.com/

Casa Viva on Punta Uva Caribe coast.
www.puntauva.net/ 5kms south of Puerto Viejo
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 03:38 PM

Earthtraveler's suggestion is good in that there is less rain over on the Caribbean coast in September than in other parts of the country. We always enjoy that side, and there are a lot of interesting hotels. Cariblue, Shawanda, Aguas Claras (private cottages, Beach House/Tree House (private cottages), Azania Bungalows, Almonds & Corals Tent camp (elegant tents!), etc.

CR has some very romantic and more upscale hotels on the Pacific side as well (but you may have to deal with a little rain in Sept--mainly in the afternoons for an hour or so). Check out Punta Islita over on the Pacific side south of Samara. You can fly in there from San Jose. North of San Jose you'd probably enjoy a couple of nights at Peace Lodge, on the La Paz Waterfall Garden property.

A couple of spa hotels that might interest you: Xandari (very nice) near the airport, and Xandari of the Pacific down on the central Pacific coast. A combination of these 2 would give you a great week.

Congratulations and have a great time! So much to choose from--tons of stuff besides what already been mentioned!

Combine it with
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 11:44 AM

I don't think you could go wrong staying in Costa Rica for you Honeymoon. It offers a couple everything they could desire...adventure, relaxation, good eats, and a variety of choices for any price range...

My favorite place is http://www.sueno-del-mar.com/ in Tamarindo... you can't go wrong with the Pacific side and a Bed and Breakfist!! There is utter romance in that town... I LOVE IT!
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for all of your advice! It is much appreciated! Is it true that the sun sets fairly early in the evening during September?
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 04:18 PM

Yep--year round, the sun sets around 6:00. It varies very little. Starts getting dark about 5:45, maybe a little earlier, and its' pretty well over with by 6:15, sometimes just a little later.

Daily activity begins early in Costa Rica! Up with the sun, down with the sun (or soon thereafter) seems to be the norm for most people. Lots of activities are best done in the early morning, particularly wildlife viewing, bird watching, etc.