Costa Rica Here we come! Questions????

Old May 28th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Original Poster

Costa Rica Here we come! Questions????

Well we leave for CR in 3 weeks and are SO excited. Need some suggestions such as a name of a driver. We need to get from MA to Arenal then Arenal to Tamarindo...then..Tamarindo to Liberia. We are spending 2 nights in each location but can't find a driver. Has anyone done the Interbus? Is it better than a driver?
Which canopy tour should we do? Which zipline? (are they the same thing??) Do we need to make reservations ahead of time for these tours?
Need the name of a hotel in Liberia. Any other suggestions/advice would be very helpful since we are 1st timers. Family of 4. 2 teen boys
Old May 28th, 2007, 04:07 PM

I am an expat and have lived in this region for more than 15 years. I am a tour guide. I specialize in sports fishing., but am familiar with all the tourist activities in Costa Rica. I like to help people and would like to share my experience in this forum

here it is very easy to find a driver.but you want one with is own car?
rent a car and a diver apart is more cheaper.a driver with car coast you 150$/days.
the rent a car with a driver is about 100$/days +/-
i know well interbus.they are ok but you are 4,and each trip will cost you almost the same than renting a car.my advice why you do not rent a car and drive yourself?.it is not so bad driving here.
yes zip line and canopy are the same.i love myself the San Lorenzo canopy.is big and very long cable.the price is about 65$/pers for the combo.
you do not need take reservation for those tours.if you have a car you just drive to this atractions.but if you want you can pay a tour op.they will take you from and back to your hotel (San Jose),transportation,guide,food all incluse.in this case you have to take a reservation.but you can do it from Costa Rica.it is very easy.good tour cost about 80$ -/+/pers
Liberia is not a very nice place to stay.you should take other city for stay that nigth.you can stay closer from the cost,in playa Coco,panama,ocotal or hermosa.they are about one hour from Liberia.
if you have more questions just ask me
bye
Winf.
Old May 29th, 2007, 07:10 AM

A zipline is a type of canopy tour where you put on a climbing harness, clip it to a cable and slide though down.

Other types of canopy tours use gondolas, suspension bridges, and ladders to get you in the tree tops.

You can read about the history here at http://costa-rica-guide.com/travel/i...233&Itemid=417
Old May 29th, 2007, 07:56 AM

Here are a couple of names

Orlando Vargas at.... [email protected]

Leo Rodriguez at....
[email protected]

Costa Rica Transport
http://transportcostarica.net/

Arenal.net
http://www.arenal.net/tour/transportation.htm
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:46 AM

Hi, Crabtree - we had good luck letting our hotels find drivers for us. We just called before our trip and asked them to arrange everything for us, and we were very happy with the drivers they chose. Made it very easy. Enjoy your trip!