Costa Rica GTG at Bosque del Cabo - June 2009

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hola! Ok, it's not as simple as driving down the street for a fodor's GTG but hey - location, location, location!

If anyone is planning a trip to Bosque del Cabo (and you should ) for summer 2009 maybe you can fine tune your plans to be there for the GTG.

Dates: June 25th - July 2nd. Would be great if any of you can join us for at least a few of those days!

Anyone will be welcome to join us for a drink or the view (I suggest both) at the BDC GTG HDQ Translation - Casa Miramar I have it on good authority that hipvirgochick and shillmac and mr shillmac will be there as well.

Any thoughts, suggestions, comments are most welcome.

Pura Vida!
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 02:27 PM

Where's the countdown clock?!?!

What a wonderful place to have a GTG!

Not that I need another reason to visit, but I'm definiitely looking forward to kicking up the dirt with lovely ladies shillmac and tully, and of course mister shillmac.

To newbies, regulars, singles, couples, groups, etc. -- ALL are encouraged to return or discover Bosque del Cabo for the truly amazing place it is.

Hope to see you there!

Old Jun 13th, 2008, 05:23 PM

That sounds absolutely wonderful!!

I might just have to crash the party.
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 05:32 AM

Not necessary, Cam. We already have an Imperial with your name on it!

Come on down, everyone! It's going to be GREAT fun!

Let the countdown begin!!!!
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

shillmac I thought we'd alloted Cam 2 Imperials & 1 shot of tequila - did my notes get mixed up? Cam you're most welcome to crash the party - the coatis crash Miramar all the time so you'll be a piece of cake! Would be great if we can get a lot of people down there!
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 12:07 PM

I want to be a crasher too! I would be in such great famous company!

I would love it! We'll see

Just back, will get the report going soon.

Quite a trip, Tropcal storm Alma, Sansa flight cancelled, being bused (should say "Vanned&quot 4 hours through the mountains at dark, in pouring rain!

Lots of sloths, even got to see and Grandson touched a baby sloth. Monkeys galore , and rare sightings of new critters we have not seen before.

But Oh BdC was even better than before! Unbelievable wildlfe ...whew what a trip! Toni

Old Jun 14th, 2008, 03:37 PM

cmerrell and parrmt -- We'll definitely have to pull this post to the top a few times between now and then, but hopefully it will give you the extra push to start plannning your next trip.

parrmt -- Sounds like you had quite the adventure to say the least! Looking forward to your trip report.
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 03:48 PM

Okay, 2 Imp's for Cam. . .let's let her have TWO tequila shots, also!

Toni, sounds wonderful! I'll bet your grandson had a great time. Good for you on all the wildlife highlights! Can't wait to read all about it.

I am so excited about this GTG plan. It has a lot of potential to be tremendous fun!

We'll probably get paid back for the times we've wondered up to Miramar and into the house (unaware) while people were renting it!

Maybe we can see how many Fodorites we can fit into that plunge pool. . .

Old Jun 14th, 2008, 03:58 PM

Hi shillmac -- I'm taking a break from packing....argh!

Tequila shots? Ok, now who's volunteering to be the designated walker? LOL!

I can already see we're going to have some good photo op's here...might have to get everyone to sign a waiver.

tully -- Are you going to post this on the TA board as well?
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 04:30 PM

I am so bummed that this GTG is happening in June and not in March when we will be there! Would have been so fun to meet all of you. But hey, I am still going to Bosque, so I shouldn't whine too much. I hope to see some great photos of all of you partying together and we will all be looking forward to reading the sure to be entertaining trip reports!
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 10:01 AM

I am deeply appreciative of the kind offers of liquid refreshment. I might indeed need a 'designated walker'!

I'm going to sit down with a calendar over the next week or so to look at the logistics of everything and go from there...

Old Jun 15th, 2008, 12:14 PM

Hi cam--you ain't seen nothing yet! with regard to offers of liquid refreshments. . . . LOL!
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Toni looking forward to hearing all about your adventure and feel free to crash! After all, a whole year to plan right? Cam, you too! It would be fun(ny) to have all the cabinas & houses booked full of fodorites, except for maybe 1 random couple wondering why we just called someone hipvirgochick!

Shillmac, lol, agree on the getting paid back up at Miramar. Last trip the family of 4 said go ahead go on up there. So I did, was standing on the deck when I heard what sounded like "hello?". I thought oh no, they have another kid, I feel so weird! But then it repeated and I realized it was the cb radio

hvc - a waiver, lol. All pics of me down at BdC look scary when I'm sober, pics of me drunk as well....the horror.

Jane - you go in March and then again late June....what's the issue?
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 04:25 AM

Oh, I wish. Airfare alone is such an expense - we don't get any awesome rates to CR up here in MN. :-< Although, if I leave DH home, it would cost half ... hmmm.
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 09:19 AM

You have been such a tremendous help planning our first trip to CR, I wish we could be their with you. We will be at BDC July 22 but will be sure to have a tequila with you in mind!!
Have a fantastic time. I should have just enough time to read your trip report before we head down there.
Thanks
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 09:57 AM

hazelnut -- Enjoy your trip to CR! It's this July, right? The GTG is an early announcement for next year...so, if you love it you will have time to plan another trip!
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 10:57 AM

hazelnut--we'll be there as well! It will be a mini-GTG! Hope to see you! We arrive the 19th and leave the 24th. If you hear someone wandering around calling, "Hazelnut. . .Hazelnut. . " it will be me!
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 07:10 PM

We would love to come...need to check hubby's schedule.
We just returned from our third trip and it was fabulous. Arenal is really putting on a good show which we enjoyed from the Smithsonian room at Arenal Observatory Lodge.
We went with a couple that was seeing CR for the first time so we repeated some of our favorite things like zipping and the Cano Negro trip. Then we moved on to Manual Antonio which was our first time as well. We loved it! Did know whether to stay close to the beach or up the hill. Ended up doing both. First stayed at Hotel Espadilla so we could walk to the beach and park. Then we moved up the hill to Costa Verde II with a studio plus room. What a wonderful view. We just wanted to hang out at the pool and on our balcony the last two days and truly relaxed.
We were considering one more trip to see BdC. I would love to meet all of you that have been so helpful to me making our agendas each time.
Hope to see you in 2009!
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 07:55 PM

janenicole -- Please don't be too disappointed because you've got a great group going yourselves already! March is a popular time to visit and who knows who you'll be running into.

cherbear -- I'd be interested in hearing about Hotel Espadilla. We came very close to staying there this past March and it looks like a pretty good choice.
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 08:25 PM

cherbear--Yea!!!

You are gonna LOVE this place!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -