Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Costa Rica Fodorites, Thank You (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/costa-rica-fodorites-thank-you-392721/)

Dana_M Jul 10th, 2008 05:55 PM

Costa Rica Fodorites, Thank You

We’re leaving for Costa Rica in less than 48 hours.

I want to thank everyone on this forum in advance for all of the wonderful advice. I didn’t post a lot of questions, but I read a lot of trip reports and other posts. The advice has been invaluable. I’ve listed our itinerary below. If any of you fellow fodorites are at a location the same time as we are, please stop and say hello. We will be the large group of twelve, all female except for my poor brother-in-law.

7/12: Orquideas Inn
7/13-14: Tortuguero/Mawamba Lodge
7/15: Peace Lodge
7/16-17: Arenal/Lost Iguana
7/18-20: Monteverde/El Sapo Dorado
7/21-24: MA/Buena Vista Villas
7/25: Orquideas Inn

I promise to post a trip report and photos when we return.

tully Jul 10th, 2008 06:49 PM

Have a wonderful time. Give Orquideas & Marilyn (the dogs at Orquideas) a big scratch on the head!

Dana_M Jul 10th, 2008 08:53 PM

Thanks Tully. I didn't realize Orquedias had a resident dog. Now I know I will be properly met upon my arrival. How fun. I'll give Marilyn a scratch on the head, a rub on the belly, and a good old fashion doggie kiss if she'll let me.

soccerchik75 Jul 11th, 2008 12:08 AM

Have a great time! Costa Rica NEVER disappoints!

~pure vida!

ShellD Jul 11th, 2008 04:38 AM

Have a great trip Dana! We're practially following in your footsteps, leaving a few days after you! We leave on 7/30 and are doing Tortuguero, Peace Lodge, Arenal, and MA! Can't wait to compare notes!

Travelling with a group of 12 should be a blast!!!! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it! I hope you can post some of your details before we leave!

lisa_ea Jul 11th, 2008 06:58 AM

Have a great time. We stayed at Buena Vista Villas in MA at the end of May. It is amazing!!!!!!!! I highly recommend a guided MA Park Tour. If you need a guide reference let me know.

hipvirgochick Jul 11th, 2008 10:19 AM

Have a great trip Dana!

Would love to hear about your experience of Mawamba Lodge.

Be prepared for the dogs running up the hill in front of the golf cart at Orchideas. My daughter was so scared they were going to get run over but the the driver never slows down!

Your itinerary sounds wonderful!

cmerrell Jul 11th, 2008 11:24 AM

Have a wonderful time, Dana! :-)

flapenny Jul 11th, 2008 12:40 PM

Be sure to post a trip report and have a great time! Go for the frog tour at night at the Peace Lodge! And, hike the trail from Lost Iguana to the Hanging Bridges - it's not a bad walk and you can see lots of wildlife!

littlehouse Jul 11th, 2008 02:22 PM

bookmarking

Dana_M Jul 11th, 2008 05:18 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm leaving in about 15 minutes to spend the night at a friend's house. Our flight is early (6 am), so we're having a slumber party just to make sure nobody oversleeps.

I promise to write a trip report when I get back.

ShellID, I am sure I will not have a report by the time you leave, but I'll try to post some comments. We don't get in until midnight on the 26th, but I did add a calendar reminder for the afternoon of the 27th.

Thanks again. Now I'm outta here :)

Dana_M Jul 27th, 2008 11:01 AM

We returned late last night, and had a fantastic trip. I will write a trip report as soon as I can. However, for those of you leaving soon (especially ShellD), I'm going to post some quick comments this afternoon. Look for a separate thread title "For ShellD and others leaving for Costa Rica soon"