Costa Rica Eco-lodge with young children

Old Oct 23rd, 1998, 07:36 PM
julie

Costa Rica Eco-lodge with young children

We are looking for an Eco-lodge that is suitable for young children. Also that isn't too far from San Jose.

Old Oct 25th, 1998, 12:20 PM
JoAnn

Read the post on Costa Rica Newsletter, then find their link to the BBS on CR.

Old Nov 19th, 1998, 02:41 PM
chris

Hi julie... I'm using http://www.flamingo-travel.com for my Costa Rica Eco Tourism needs... packages to get me there, places to stay and one-day eco tours here and there (hiking the Arenal Volcano and horseback riding!)

You should be able to find info there on child-friendly places to stay.

Old Jun 18th, 1999, 06:54 PM
barbara

I am going to Costa Rica July 18-25th with American Airlines Vactions. In some of the books I have been reading they talk about a two-week dry season in July called el veranillo de San Juan (the "little summer").When is this time? They don't tell in my books. Can any please tell me. Has any one ever went with American Airlines Vacations to CR. This is our first trip.We wanted to go with a planned group.Everthing is included. Food,lodging La Quinta de Sarapiqui Lodge, Ecoldge, Ocotal Hotel, white-water rafting,Areal Volcano,La Selva Biological Sation, snorkeling in Bahia Culerba,Lake Arenal canoeing,Braulio Carrillo National Park,and more.

Old Jul 9th, 1999, 07:51 PM
Robert

Julie; It depends how young your young children are. You may want to check out the Selva Verde Lodge which is about two hours northeast of San Jose. It is really beautiful, but you won't find disney land-type amusements for children in most of Costa Rica. If your kids are interested in nature, the hikes are great: night hikes, river cruises where crocidiles, caymans, two and three-toed sloths, howler monkeys and white-faced monkeys were seen. Selva Verde Lodge is a serious naturalists meeting place, and workshops and educational programs for school children are held there. They will pick you up at the San jose airport as well. If you want more details about the place, email me. you probably can contact them on the internet. Robert