Costa Rica Driver Recommendation - Wilson Rojas

Jul 28th, 2019, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

Costa Rica Driver Recommendation - Wilson Rojas

We got back earlier this month from a 3wk trip to CR with our two kids (5 & 9yrs) - they're first international trip and had an amazing time!

I found out about our driver, Wilson Rojas, and his travel company he has with his wife, Elsy - CoatiTours through Fodor's Forums - and I wanted to let others know what a wonderful experience we had with Wilson & CoatiTours covering our transportation needs between 7 hotels throughout the country (Peace Lodge in Vara Blanca, Los Lagos in Arenal, Arenal Observatory Lodge, Casitas Tenorio in Bijagua, Cala Lodge in Monteverde, Tulemar in Manuel Antonio & Hotel de Rosa in Alejuela).
Wilson, Elsy & CoatiTours would be fantastic for any CR travelers - but they were particularly amazing for a family with younger kids - it was like having a 24/7 concierge that was also a great family friend. I really wish all family vacations could go so smoothly!

Here's what I posted on TripAdvisor:
Simply the Best
Wilson and Elsy are amazing!!! If you want a virtually stress free, perfect Costa Rica vacation CoatiTours is the way to go! Professional, compassionate, attentive, thoughtful & knowledgeable. SOOO much more than transportation. Really 5 star service at VERY reasonable prices. Wilson goes out of his way to show you the country he loves and Elsy is on point every step of the way.

This was our first trip to CR with our kids (5 & 9yrs). We stayed at some amazing places over 3wks - but our best days were spent on the road with Wilson. Our first day with him alone we saw an amazing waterfall, a troop of howler monkeys including multiple babies, huge iguanas, and had lunch at a beautiful spot (chosen by Wilson) with gardens to walk through with honeycreepers, tanangers, JC lizards, caimen & a trogon! Being on the road with Wilson is so much more than transportation - it's a private tour of the best places in the country with one of the kindest and most genuine individuals we have ever met.

Wilson's van is great: strong A/C, cooler with drinks, snacks, WiFi, phone charging station, reclining seats (so important for tired napping kids) & even pillows!

Wilson and Elsy both go above and beyond to make sure your trip is perfect. Elsy helped suggest and arrange tours throughout our trip, ensured good timing for transportation and tours, arranged to get our swim clothes back after leaving them accidentally at a rafting tour office, printed our boarding passes & even arranged for us to get some amazing coffee from their favorite local supplier. Wilson would send recommendations for restaurants, local taxi drivers (if we needed them), brought our kids coloring books & wildlife guides to keep them entertained, and would call ahead to restaurants on the road to pre-order food so it would be ready when we got there (so great with hungry kids!). On our first day with Wilson I mentioned that I was interested in trying CR tamales (quite different from Mexican tamales we're use to) and even though it was June (tamales are generally made around the holidays - Dec), he found a local school near one of our hotels that had made them and had them sent to a local cafe for us to try! On our last day with Wilson he really knocked it out of the park taking us to a fantastic small restaurant (Miriam's) with an amazing home cooked meal served family style (with the best trout we've ever eaten), surrounded by the San Gerardo de Dota mountains with amazing views, birds & even a rainbow - followed by an adventure through a small farm to ensure we saw a male quetzal before we left CR (and we did)!

Elsy and Wilson are exceptional professionals - going out of their way continually to ensure you have wonderful experiences in CR. They exceeded all our expectations. They only work with 4-5 families/groups at a time to ensure the best service.

When we start planning our next trip to CR - they will be the first people we contact.

Happy to answer any questions about our trip or Wilson
Pura Vida!