Costa Rica - between Xmas and New Year

Old Apr 18th, 2021, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costa Rica - between Xmas and New Year

Help please....not huge beach people (Me/Wife, 3 adult age kids and SO's; 8 in total); but wondering (1) If we book near a Playa, are there enough activities....hiking, tubing/rafting, (and which one), or (2) we can't get a hotel for 8 near Arenal, so if I book a Airbnb/Vrbo can we still get into hot springs, ziplining, etc.. or is that stuff connected to hotels? Is Arenal enough for 7 nights? Thank you.
Old Apr 19th, 2021, 07:52 AM

With seven nights, I'd do a split. The most popular combination is the Arenal area combined with Manuel Antonio. Activities aren't tied to hotels, so you can definitely book an Airbnb/VRBO. For hot springs, we like Tabacon for fancy and over the top, and Eco Termales for smaller with local charm. Sky Trek is good for ziplining. Rios Tropicales for rafting. Also like Desafio for other tours. Not sure what the minimum stays will be - a week may be required at some places since it will be during the holidays. Also a lot of places really raise their rates for the holidays.
Old Apr 19th, 2021, 03:42 PM

Hi, I will recommend splitting the time between Arenal and Manuel Antonio, there are several activities at each destination, for example, Arenal you can do Rafting, zip lining, hanging bridges walk, waterfall hikes and the most relaxing the Hot Springs. At Manuel Antonio, you can visit the National Park, Mangrove tours, Horseback riding, Catamaran tours and relax time at the beach. Many of the tours will pick you up at your hotel or Airbnb. If you are planning to travel between Christmas and New year better to check in advance about space this time of the year is very busy and some hotels especially near the beach request at least 1 week in order to reserve rooms, but check it out as soon as possible.
Old May 8th, 2021, 05:13 AM

I think there would be enough to "do" in either place. The activities are not connected to lodging.