Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Costa Rica - Anyone going to be in Bosque Del Cabo June 15-June 18, 2008?

Old Apr 28th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was wondering if anyone else was going to be in Bosque Del Cabo this June? We are hoping our reservations will work out for June 15-June 18.

We booked our Nature Air flight last night. I'm hoping BdC still has rooms available per our April 18th e-mail conversation. I'm getting nervous!! I e-mailed early this am. We are reserving the standard cabina. I tried to call, and they don't answer. No message machine either...
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 10:42 AM

kippy what # did you dial? 011-506-2735-5206?
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 11:58 AM

Kippy-

My wife and I will be there those exact dates. We are taking the Sansa air flight down there on the 15th at 2:00.

Have you sent your deposit to the Miami address?
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Hi Tully - I dialed the number on their reservations page from the website: "Telephone/fax in Costa Rica: (506) 735 5206." Thank you for their number. I will try it!! Thanks too for your congrats! We are so excited!!

LloydXmas - You are a step ahead of us. They just informed me via e-mail that they still have the room available! They are faxing us the reservations form to our local UPS store (my fax machine is not working). I will pick the fax up tomorrow morning. Then I will mail the deposit!

All we need now is one night in a decent hotel in San Jose on the 14th. Everything else is almost set!
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

LloydXmas - I just read the other thread you started about planning your trip in CR. You guys will have to look us up while at dinner in BdC. I think everyone dines together? This will be our first time in Costa Rica too. Since our stay in CR will be a short one, we'd love to hear about your stay in Peace Lodge and Arenal, etc... We've only been out of the country (together) to Germany, and now CR. I'd like to hear which you guys like better...CR or Hawaii! We are flying on Nature Air to/from PJ.
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 03:05 PM

We're converts from Hawaii to CR; we went to Hawaii for our honeymoon and loved it, but now that we've discovered CR, we just keep wanting to go back and back again to discover everything each area has to offer. CR offers us a much shorter flight, great wildlife, no funky time change and a much more affordable price. A lot of the areas in CR actually reminded us of Hawaii - probably the way Hawaii used to be before all the development took place.

For a good hotel in San Jose, we stayed at Grano de Oro and really loved it. It's affordable and built in an old mansion, has a wonderful restaurant on site, and a great rooftop garden with two hot tubs. The service here was wonderful. Check out tripadvisor.com for reviews. Orquideas Inn is also popular.
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Volcanogirl - We just saw Nim's Island with our children. Loved that movie! Your screen name makes me think of the little girl who climbed the volcano! I am glad that you liked CR! I feel very blessed that we get to go there. Thanks for your comments. I can't wait!!

The Grano de Oro sounds very interesting. I like that it was built in an old mansion, and the other things sound very relaxing! Thank you!
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 07:57 PM

kippy--the # posted on the website is correct--EXCEPT the country added a "2" in front of the 735 about a month ago. So, as Tully mentioned, the second set of numbers (after the 506 AC) is actually 2735 now.