costa rica accomodation and nearby activities

Old May 1st, 2012, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

costa rica accomodation and nearby activities

My husband and I have visited and loved Costa Rica on our own, but we're now bringing children and grandkids for a 5 night visit. We're thinking all-inclusive given all the food preferences or lack of with this large a crew. Can anyone recommend an area in Guanacasta where it isn't too "westernized", has some nice AI hotels and activities we can get to within an hour from the hotel. Thanks in advance.
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:40 PM

Samara has the best swimming beach in CR for children. walk out 1/4 mile in the morning, late afternoon the waves come in and it is perfect for "beginner" surf lessons for kids or adults. calm hardly any waves, more than 3mile beach protected by coral reefs...this is not an all inclusive, but it great for kids, 2 pools (one elevated w/a view over the entire bay), restuarant right on the beach - will brings drinks to you...walk to town a couple of easy blocks, small expat Italian community w/excelent pizza and pasta...no atms, small town, but paved road all the way, surrounded by nature in small cottages or rooms...german owners i think, speak english.
http://www.hotelbrisasplayasamaracostarica.com/
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:56 PM

This might be a little more upscale, but I haven't stayed here. Again, you won't find a better/safer beach for kids.

http://www.villasplayasamara.com/villas.html
Old May 1st, 2012, 03:12 PM

But they don't want to be with the kids!
Old May 1st, 2012, 03:15 PM

oops, wrong thread; apologies!
Ditto Playa Samara; they've also earned the Costa Rica ecological "blue flag" for cleaner water and sanitary conditions (they lost the flag for a while, but have gotten it back).
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:34 PM

Playa Flamingo is a great place for families and has a couple of all inclusive resorts...the Westin at Playa Conchal is the most popular. There is sailing, snorkeling, sport fishing, dune buggy tours, and much more within 10 minutes of the resort. Popular national parks like Paolo Verde and Rincon de la Vieja are about 1.5 hours away and offer lots of wildlife viewing and canopy tours. Samara is really popular too but it doesn't have the same easy access to the rest of Guanacaste that Playa Flamingo has.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:30 PM

Hello you should go to a kids friendly hotel Capitan Suizo at Tamarindo is a good option with a lot of activities and very good service or Cala Luna hotel same area another kids friendly hotel is Punta islita.