Notices

Costa Rica

Mar 14th, 2017, 06:24 AM
Original Poster

Costa Rica

I am flying to Costa Rica on May 10 and arriving in San Jose on May 11. I am taking a tour of Costa Rica via "Intrepid Travel". The tour starts on May 13 and ends on May 23. I am going to have two days at the beginning and three days at the end that I will be doing some solo travel. Flying out on May 29. I would like spend a day or two in Punta Arenas but I am just inquiring about how to get from San Jose to Punta Arenas. Bus? Car? Any recommendations will be great. I also have 3 more days to explore, does anyone have some ideas on stuff to do? I have never really travelled so far so tips are welcome.
Thanks!
Mar 14th, 2017, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

I should also add that I am a 23 year old male. Enjoy sightseeing, history, monuments. Etc. I would also like to do some scuba diving if I get a chance. Again any tips or ideas are welcome. Thanks!
Mar 14th, 2017, 11:11 AM

For your solo travel time near San Jose, you could go to the Poas area and see Poas Volcano (best viewed early in the a.m.), tour the La Paz Waterfall Gardens and do their waterfall hike, and tour the Doka Coffee Estate. Where will your tour take you? Costa Rica for the most part does not have very good snorkeling or SCUBA diving, also not much in the way of history or monuments. Excellent wildlife and hiking though, gorgeous scenery, adventure activities, volcanoes, waterfalls, beaches.
Mar 14th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Original Poster

What about Punta Arenas? Do you know the area?

Search this Thread