Search

Cooking School In Mexico

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 11:00 AM
Wendy

Cooking School In Mexico

Can anyone out there recommend a cooking school in Mexico to me. I have a week or two to spend in Mexico and would like to learn cooking and I don't want to go to a big fancy school where there are only demonstrations and no hands on work. <BR> <BR>Has any one any first hand recommendations? <BR> <BR> Wendy

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 09:48 AM
Billie Rangetree

Dear Wendy, <BR> I would like to recommend an awfully nice place to your readers when thinking of a vacation. <BR> Recently I discovered Tlaxcala, a colonial gem an hour and a half east of Mexico City. There I also discovered Mexican Home Cooking and Doña Estela. She and her American husband have built a serene retreat for cooking enthusiasts that feels like a hacienda from the last century. <BR> <BR>Dear Wendy I can highly recommend a school that I went to in Tlaxcala. The City is a colonial gem and the school called Mexican Home Cooking was fantastic. <BR>The owner Señora Estela has a store of family recipes that raise Mexican cuisine to new heights. I came away with recipes and practice preparing world-class sauces soups and main dishes, some of which are on menu I have fever seen. It was gourmet food you wouldn’t believe. I have done this in Europe and Mexico and this is the best and most reasonably priced that I’ve come across. <BR> The room I had was large, with a 20 ft. domed cealing private bath and fireplace. Breakfast was served on my private patio, with a view of two of the three volcanoes that surround the house. <BR> If you are interested you can contact them at: [email protected] <BR> Billie Rangetree <BR>

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 08:13 AM
Bill Dosch

Hi Wendy: <BR>I just returned from the cooking school in Tlaxcala, Mexico. <BR> <BR>It is great and just as Billie described. The have a new website with just about all the info you need and even sample receipes. <BR> <BR>http://mexicanhomecooking.com <BR> <BR>email me if you have any specific questions. <BR> <BR>I loved it!!!!! <BR> <BR>Bill D

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 02:24 PM
Susan

I would highly recommend Susanna Trilling's cooking school in Oaxaca. <BR>We just spent a day there, but had a ball. It's very down-home, hands on, low-key, super friendly, in a beautiful environment. And incredible food. You can go for one day, three days, or a week, I believe. <BR> <BR>I did a trip report on Oxaca and Huatulco that lists her email address. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll try to dig it up.

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 02:32 AM
Maude

Susan, please post Susanna Trilling's <BR>cooking school email; also, where can <BR>I find your article on Oaxaca.

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 05:34 AM
Susan

Maude, <BR> <BR>Susanna Trilling's cooking school is called Seasons of the Heart. The email address is [email protected]. <BR> <BR>I just found my trip report by searching under Huatulco. It may be under Oaxaca as well. <BR> <BR>Best, <BR>Susan <BR>