Contact Lens

Old Nov 8th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contact Lens

Hi,
How easy is it to get a perscription for contact lens filled in BA?

How do costs compare?

Thanks
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 07:44 AM

I would take C/L from the usa. Sure they are available, but price could be higher and not so sure you will ba able to get them without local doc's prescription.........
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 01:02 PM

Totally agree with Miguel.

While on holiday recently, I lost a contact in a swimming pool. Luckily, I brought TWO backup sets, and my glasses, which I never use.

Try 1-800-Contacts for quick delivery before you depart your homeland. Or, if you have Costco where you live. They have price matching policies to keep the costs competitive.

Saline solution and cleaning solution must be stored in separate Zip Loc bags in your airline baggage. (we made the mistake of putting them both in one zip loc bag.)
Due to changes in pressure, one leaked into the other - I would not say this if it was not so unbelievable to me, too - and we both used what we thought was pure saline solution one morning. We found out, in unison, on our first morning after flying, that the saline was "poisoned" by the cleaning solution and we each had one stinging red eye for about half an hour. Never again!!
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 06:04 AM

Forgot to comment on your COST concern...sure is same price like in the USA or Europe. Contacts are imported goods, so no money break here. Cleaning supplies are available all over Latin America, imported from the USA, so no problem there.
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks for your tips...I wish we had CostCo in Ireland! One day...
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 11:22 AM

Yep, without knowing from your screen name if you are Irish living elsewhere, or Irish in Ireland, I threw that out there in hopes...Anyway, maybe you have WalMart over there? They seem to be attmepting to conquer the retail world with their blandness. Also a good place for low prices due to their buying power.