Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Concerns about Christmas season in Cabo San Lucas...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2008, 11:14 PM
casey_reed84

I've booked a trip to Cabo San Lucas for 12/12 through 12/16 of this year. Does anyone think I'm going to have to deal with the whole Christmas crazyness of travelers at this time or will I be out of there soon enough to not feel it to bad? I'm more concerned about check in at the hotel. I've recently seen some reviews on tripadvisor.com that the resort I'm staying at routinely overbooks and people are getting screwed and relocated to lesser hotels with no discount. Where I'm staying is Villa La Estancia. If anyone has any opinions of this property please comment. Thanks.

Old Jun 12th, 2008, 06:37 AM
casey_reed84

Please Help!!! AHHH!

Old Jun 12th, 2008, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's about a 2-3 week window between Thanksgiving and Christmas week when the crowds are smaller, prices are a bit lower and the weather is great. Thanksgiving is a bit crowded and Christmas/New Years is one of the busiest times of the year, but in-between (ending say a week before Christmas) things are less hectic ... I think you're in one of those weeks, so relax, you should be fine.

The first two weeks in Dec are one of our favorite times to go to Cabo.

Bill
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 04:00 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm not familiar with Cabo but go often to Puerto Vallarta. Christmas is not particularly a busy time there, and definitely not earlier in the month.

I'd be more concerned about the things you're reading about your resort, from what you've said.
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 04:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You will miss the Xmas rush. Don't worry. I am sure you will have a great time.

MY
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should be fine. I go down to Ensenada usually the first week of December and find my way to Cabo a week or so later. I've never had much of a problem with it being over crowed.

I would suggest staying in town, as there is much to do there! The weather is typically in the mid 70's or so and it's beautiful Just the thing to was away the winter blues!