Cobo San Lucas For The Day

Nov 19th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Cobo San Lucas For The Day

Stepping off a Princess Ship in cabo san lucas in January on our last stop. By that time we will be tired of touring on busses or vans with large and small groups. We would like to go on our own and visit the area. Love walking and Local Culture. Any warnings or suggestions? I visited Cabo over 20 years ago staying at a large resort area a mile from town and found the town very quaint with many locally owned small restaurants and shops. It looks like from most reviews very much has changed.
Nov 19th, 2015, 08:52 PM

CSL is no longer quaint. You will be shocked at the change. Warnings: you will be constantly approached to attend timeshare presentations or go on fishing excursions. You could stroll along the marina. Lots of restaurants to choose from. We liked Solomon's Landing in the Marina Area. You could also head to Medano Beach and hang out at one of the beach bars. We like Tabasco's at the far end, away from the crowds. You can swim at this beach and do water sports. You can also take a panga out to the Arch.
Nov 20th, 2015, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

Thank You. The last time I was there we ate at small local restraint (if you could call it that) with only a few tables covered with oilcloth table cloths and the owner who was the cook and waitress served us. I guess times have changed.
Nov 20th, 2015, 10:52 AM

Just get off the ship and go into the downtown area of Cabo. Go on the inland side of the main boulevard and it's a "normal" little local-style Mexican town. Go to Gordo Lele's taco shop, it is still the style you describe.
Nov 20th, 2015, 02:32 PM

Yes, you can still find plenty of those old fashioned mom and pop places. Gordo LeLe, Gardina, but away from the harbor area.
Nov 20th, 2015, 02:44 PM

I just don't think that is entirely true. I don't think you can judge a town by what you read online. Of course those are the kinds of things many/most people post about. But there's still plenty of local tiendas selling normal stuff to local people around.