Reload this Page >

Club Las Velas, Cancun - any good?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 1999, 02:52 AM
debbie

We've booked into Club Las Velas, Cancun on all inclusive for Feb 2000, via an English tour operator - Airtours. Are now getting concerned that it doesn't seem to feature in any independent highly recommended hotel lists! Any feedback, advice etc very welcome.....

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 12:12 AM
J

My sister spent her honeymoon there three years ago and rated it highly, partic the food. I know it is on the lagoon side which to some is a drawback. <BR>We are going to Cancun with Cosmos in 2 weeks on a a last minute offer but staying at Blue Bay Village. We had the choice of Las Velas but decided we wanted to be on the beach. I rang Lunn Poly who read me the extract from the gazzetter on Las Velas - highly recommended! I am sure you will love it.

Old Dec 23rd, 1999, 10:06 AM
don

I stayed there for a week in 1994. Obviously this is dated info, but maybe it can help. Food was fine at breakfast and especially lunch, but none of our group cared for dinner. The staff was particularly friendly and professional. Booze was good, but "national" brands only (Oso Negro). We were eight single guys, and even when we noisily stumbled home from the bars at four AM demanding food and drink, someone woke up and made us cocktails and sandwiches. I never forgot that. We were loud and rude (American), and they were nice to us anyway. I noticed that most of the guests were families w/ kids. If I had a kid I would bring it there, the staff were very child-friendly. Location was fine. It was close to town and if we wanted ocean beach, we took the bus to whatever hotel was hopping. Have fun!

Old Dec 26th, 1999, 04:19 PM
LANCE BAILEY

My wife and I stayed there last year and for the money it was a very nice place to stay. The food was good(not great) the grounds were beautiful, staff helpful, and rooms pleasant. Being on the lagoon side is kind of a bummer, but we just took the bus to the beach each day - or they had a boat that took you over to their own private beach on the ocean side(complete with bar). They had nightly theme parties and plenty of activities. Actually, I did see it in one of the tour books I read last year as highly recommended - you will enjoy it. <BR> <BR>LB