Christmas Restaurant

Dec 8th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Christmas Restaurant

We are looking for a nice restaurant for 7 of us for christmas dinner. We want something with a nice view, medium priced with a varied selection. We are with our 5 young adults ranging from 17 to 30 years of age with one pickier eater in the bunch so it cant be just seafood. I would like this to be a rememberable occasion. Thanks for your suggestions PS Should I reserve now??
Dec 8th, 2004, 08:53 AM

First suggestion: Specify a location. This board covers all of Latin America, a pretty big region
Dec 8th, 2004, 03:28 PM

You've specified Belize, but not where in Belize.

--Lan Sluder
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Original Poster

I am sorry. We are staying at Ambergris during Christmas week-looking for a nice medium priced, good view restaurant for dinner.
Dec 9th, 2004, 06:32 AM

Views, medium-price, good food, varied selection? I'd recommend any or all of these:

Capricorn -- on North Ambergris, a boat ride away from town, expensive by Ambergris Caye standards, but moderate by big-city U.S. standards -- overall still the best on the island. Varied selection.

Blue Water Grill -- near the SunBreeze at the south edge of town, very popular

JamBel Jerk -- in town, the roof top dining area has nice views, Jamaican jerk and some Belizean dishes -- more casual, not as upscale as the others

Caliente -- in town, Mexican and Belizean dishes

Rico's -- at Banyan Bay -- not usually as good food as the others, but the setting right on the water is maybe the best on the island

Another possibility is Rendezvous on North Ambergris -- Thai-French fusion so maybe not that varied a menu.

Especially at Capricorn I would suggest reserving ahead.

Some of the menus (may not be completely up to date) are on line at www.ambergriscaye.com. The prices are in Belize dollars, not U.S.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Search this Thread