cheap transportation - cancun

Old Jul 15th, 1999, 04:32 PM
Cayla

cheap transportation - cancun

Please help me find a cheap form of transportation from the airport in Cancun to the Beach Palace Hotel. Don't have alot of money.

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 09:08 AM
maura

Cayla, I'm pretty sure that there is no public transportation from the Cancun airport to the city. In contrast, once you're there, the buses from hotel to downtown/shopping/restaurants are very cheap and plentiful. Cabs in Cancun are expensive by Mexican standards, too. There may be some sort of group van service, but I'm not sure.

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 10:22 AM
dan woodlief

In the airport, there are many information booths. At one of those, you can get tickets for group vans that carry people to hotels on the beaches and downtown. I think it took about 30-40 minutes to go to downtown, going through the beachfront area first, so judge from that on time. If I remember correctly, it was about $10 per person. The booth we used was sitting out in the middle of the floor (last year).

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 10:23 AM
dan woodlief

In the airport, there are many information booths. At one of those, you can get tickets for group vans that carry people to hotels on the beaches and downtown. I think it took about 30-40 minutes to go to downtown, going through the beachfront area first, so judge from that on time. If I remember correctly, it was about $10 per person. The booth we used was sitting out in the middle of the floor (last year).

Old Jul 18th, 1999, 08:22 PM
TiGuy

If you are using a travel agent try to get a transfer included. Otherwise, I might try haggling with one of the MANY guys trying to grab your bags after you cross "THE RED LINE". And if you dont have much money be sure and set some aside for your departure tax, and a brand new Mexican Money maker..some type of new Immigration tax due on departure, it's $15US in addition to departure tax. I got hit with that one on what I came to discover was the day after it went into effect.