Reload this Page >

Cheap airport transportation to Mazatlan airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 1997, 02:19 PM
Edmund

Does anyone know of cheap transportation to and from the Mazatlan airport from downtown? I understand there is a communal taxi that cost about $22. I think this is ridiculous.

Also, what about catching a train from Mexico City to Mazatlan, is this possible? Thank you.

Old Nov 21st, 1997, 09:18 PM
Robert Strain

When you finally get out of customs and into the main lounge, turn right and go down to a window that is the bus-to-mazatlan window. It will cost about 3-5 $ per person to take you to the hotels in the Golden Zone. Don't be in a hurry...look for the correct window...it's down there next to the doors leading out TO THE BUSSES.
BoB

Old Nov 22nd, 1997, 09:01 AM
Edmund

Dear Robert,

Thanks so much for giving me the info about catching the cheap bus at the Mazatlan airport. How recent is this price. I ask this because another site on the web quotes something over $20.00. Also, do you know of any way of finding very cheap flights to there or Mexico City from Dallas, Tx.. I go to Mexico once a year for about 3 weeks and usually leave from Ciudad Juarez and go by bus if no cheap flights are available.

Thanks once again for your time. Edmund

Old Nov 22nd, 1997, 09:25 PM
Robert Strain

We visit Mazatlan once a year at Christmas time, and this year the airline fares are so outrageous that we are driving.
The fare I quoted you was recent as of last xmas, but it has not changed a great deal in the last 3 years. Check your web site credentials.
I know of no cheap flights anymore. The busses are the way to go. We took the busses from Juarez to Chihuahua to Creel to Batopilas. The best trip from from Creel to Batopilas because of the 2nd class-ness of it. What a trip.
At any rate, let me know what you experience on the transportation situation in Mazatlan.
Bob

Old Nov 23rd, 1997, 12:38 PM
Edmund

Dear Robert,

Thanks again for the info. about Mazatlan. Here is a site you may be interested in about this city. It is: http://www.maztravel.com It talks about driving there but it is from California. Hope you find it useful. Please stay in touch. Edmund