Search

Buenos Aires

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 09:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buenos Aires

My friend and I are planning the last week in March and first week in April. My travel agent prepared the land portion for $12,000 which is not at all in my budget. It goes from BA to Iguazu falls to Mrndoza, back to BA and then to Calafate and back to BA. The airfare is covered by my girlfriends' air miles. We don't want private guides but really want to do it on our own. Any suggestions for a 13 day itinerary?? The hotel is the Loi Suites Recoleta. Any suggestions for hotels in BA also?
Thanks for any help.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 04:08 AM

Is that $12,000 US dollars??
And, it doesn't include airfare to Argentina??
Wow; that seems awful expensive.

I think you need to try a different travel agent or spend some time on the internet yourself and get some idea of hotel costs and the like. Particularly with respect to travel in Argentina you should probably email/speak with a travel agent in BA, there are many great recommendations on this board. I had a great experience with Cintia, at WOW Argentina. They can book everything for you within Argentina, hotels, flts, transfers, etc., often at less cost than you can, and way less than a "foreign" agent.
Have fun. Argentina is terrific.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 06:23 AM

The cost quoted is preposterous, assuming it is dollars you are talking about.
Ask Isabel from
www.buenosaires-tours.com.ar
[email protected]
who posts here as "milla" and has always been very helpful.

Old Oct 4th, 2007, 08:55 AM

I agree with the venerable rooster. $12000 is preposterous. I also agree with his recommendation.

Milla has always been very helpful on this and other boards. Her rates will probably be lower than WOW-Argentina's and certainly lower than the quote you received from your travel agent.

Perhaps your agent is trying to pay college tuition for a son or daughter? Save up to pay for a root canal or a nose job? Maybe he/she is in need of a downpayment for a house? Or possibly your agent simply made a clerical error and typed in one too many zeros and the intended quote is $1200?

Something must be going on for a land-only quote of $12,000
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 09:17 AM

About hotels in BA: LoiSuites is in a great location in Recoleta and the reviews are good but there are other options: In Palermo, the Bobo, Home and Vain hotels. In downtown the Plaza Marriott or the Regal Pacific are great alternatives.

Old Oct 4th, 2007, 11:22 AM

that also looks like an awful lot of ground to cover. I've been to BA, but not the other places, so hope someone else can give you a better sense of how many of those places you can visit in 13 days (does that include the time in BA?)

Also, ou have to allow for some delays when flying within Argentina....
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 12:33 PM
mjs

I also got an expensive land package from a travel agent for a luxury tour of Argentina. I ended up using Isabel and was very happy.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 02:37 PM

The good old drdawggy and yours truly agree for once!
Let us celebrate!!! I may even have a drink!
This is an insider joke. The joke is that I don't drink. However, the good old drdawggy drinks enough for both of us. LOL!!!