Cave tubing:which one is it?

Sep 25th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Original Poster
Cave tubing:which one is it?

I have read many personal reports of cave tubing experiences on the Caves Branch system. But sometimes it is hard to tell which tour people booked: either at Jungle paw or with Ian Anderson's Caves Branch tour. Some reports talk about a cave tubing experience where there is an eden-like spot along the tour to swim and cliff dive in an opening between the caverns.

check out:

THIS is the one I would like to book. Has anyone been on it? Is this the Jungle Paw tour or the Ian Anderson one?

Thanks in advance!
Sep 26th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Karla Heusner, who contributed that article, told me that this trip was actually a National Institute of Culture and History field trip (NICH is a government agency that includes the Institute of Archaeology and three other departments). She said they went to the Caves Branch Archeological Reserve parking area, got a guide and tubes, and went tubing on the Caves Branch River.

So I guess this is the Jaguar Paw trip (not Jungle Paw), though it is not actually operated by Jaguar Paw Lodge. Wet 'n Wild, Coral Breeze and other tour operators from Belize City do this trip, but you can also just go to the parking area and hook up with a guide there.

Ian Anderson's Caves Branch outfit does a longer, 7-mile, more expensive (US$95) "River of Caves" trip, usually in the rainy season only, and also a shorter cave trip for $85.

--Lan Sluder
Sep 26th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Original Poster
Ah, not I think I understand....Thanks for the great answer. Doing more research gave me the feeling it was probably the Jaguar Paw trip. Would you suggest that we pre-book with one of the toupr operators you mentioned or take a chance and show up at the parking area. Would the parking area be something we could get to by bus/taxi?

Search this Thread