casa que canta, maroma, villa del sol

Apr 12th, 2002, 10:28 AM
polla

casa que canta, maroma, villa del sol

Can anyone tell me what the average price of a meal is at any of these resorts- trying to calculate what the entire week will cost us at each so we can make a choice. On the one hand, people will say if you can afford to stay there, you can afford to pay - on the other hand, it is by pinching these pennies we CAN afford to stay there!!

Apr 13th, 2002, 02:00 PM
polla

To the top, please!

Apr 14th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Susan

I didn't answer this question earlier because all those places are beyond what I want to spend, so I stayed elsewhere. But, Polla, just because you stay there, doesn't mean you have to eat there. There are many good and charming restaurants in Zihuatanejo, and I can't imagine eating all my meals at one place.

Apr 14th, 2002, 12:45 PM
lola

i totally agree... there are very good restaurants in zihuat... we stayed at villa del sol and were not really that impressed with the food...breakfast was at least 20 per person, lunch on the beach was also at least20 per person, and their mexican buffet was 50 per person. we did not eat any other dinners there because we were so unimpressed with the restaurants there ( although the salsa and guacamole were awesome!!). the food in town is terrific, and the town is so cute/user friendly so i don't know why you'd only eat at the resorts. lola

Apr 15th, 2002, 07:14 AM
polla

Thanks - this is exactly the kind of info I need - it is good to know the town and area is easily accessible and user friendly!!

Apr 15th, 2002, 03:06 PM
carol

hi polla,

we just got back from zihuat last night and we ate at casa que canta saturday night. for 4 of us the bill was $150 (in american money). we each had a first course, an entree, bottled water, and we split a bottle of wine plus two desserts and coffee. be sure to be at your table to watch the sunset. it was a magical evening.

Apr 15th, 2002, 05:03 PM
polla

I know we will eat at least one meal there if we stay there....can you tell me where you stayed and how you liked it?