Notices

caracas airport

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Ev

caracas airport

if three American men were to arrive in caracas at 9:30 pm on a saturday night next month, what is the safest way to get to the hotel in the city ... without being caught in one of these taxi scams? or robbed, etc.?

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 06:59 AM
Ana

ANFITRIONES DE VENEZUELA, is the association that has integrated four (4) taxi lines at the airport. The toll free phone number for them is 0800-829-4800.

The taxi lines they have integrated are called TAXI TOURS, ASTRALA, PASIB and AUTAX. They provide 24 hour service at the airport and they are very adamant that they are open 24 hours.

Their taxi cabs are identified with the ANFITRIONES DE VENEZUELA yellow oval sign on the door. They have mainly black Explorers, although they also have other smaller type cars.

If you call by phone, give a brief description of your group so they can identify you, and they will be there to pick you up in 5 mins.

Best regards,

Ana

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 09:52 AM
Joan

My response is don't do it. If you can avoid Caracas altogether do so. The airport "drama" is enough to deal with. I just returned from Margarita Island with a connection in Caracas a few weeks ago. Personally, the entire airport is out for travelers' money any way they can get it. The departure tax alone is a crap shoot. We had to overnite to get to MI and I am so glad that we did so in Miami. We met some young female travelers who had overnited in Caracas and refused to do so on their return. They flew all over the U.S. to avoid overnite in Caracas. However, let me say one good thing about my Venezuelan experience. Whenever I said "no" to the "luggage hustlers", they backed off immediately. Not the case in other Latin countries. Also, I truly liked MI and I would return. I would prefer however to avoid Caracas Airport. Hopefully, soon there will be more direct flites to MI. I know that I am a female answering your question but you can take what info you want. If you have anymore questions feel free to e-mail me.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:47 PM
Fernando

I am very worry ! I'll be arriving with my family (including 2 girls of 5 and 1 years old) at 10:00 pm on 4th April ! And I don't have anything reserved ! Can it be worse than Rio de Janeiro, where I live ? Please, can someone help me ?

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:07 PM
ttt

Fernando: check out I LOVED BRAZIL -
live and learn

ttt

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:23 AM
suzy

Fernando-if you are arriving into caracas there is a Best Western Hotel and another one less expensive called the Posada Del Hidalgo near the airport. The Posada has a web page.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 02:20 PM
Ana

I am a native Venezuelan planning atrip there in the near future. I am making all reservations ahead of time and using a foreign tour company (not Venezuelan owned). It is sad to feel this way, but I would not trust anything or anyone there. Good Luck