Car Rental to/from SJU Airport

Mar 12th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

Car Rental to/from SJU Airport

Does anyone have a recommendation for which car rental agency to use if I want to pick up and return a 4WD directly at the airport with as minimal fuss/time as possible?

Someone has commented that they got in and out pretty fast with Dollar. Would that also be true of Mapache? I am also looking to secure a great rate, of course

Any comments on what type of vehicle -- how is does the Rav 4 rate for 2 people on CR roads?

Thanks a bunch,
Sarah
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:19 AM

I'm not sure about pick up and drop off DIRECTLY at the airport. I think all the rental agents will meet you at the airport, but then take you to their office to get the car. But some have offices very close (about 5 minutes) from the airport. I think Dollar is one of them. We always use Adobe, which is also close. What we like about Adobe is that they will also deliver a car and pick it up at hotels in the area. So, for my next trip, I'm going to have the hotel pick us up the first night, then Adobe will deliver the car to the hotel at 8:00am the next morning. This time, I'm renting a Mitsubishi Outlander, for $438 including all taxes, insurance and unlimited mileage for a week. This year I had the nice folks with Wady Tours at the Orquideas Inn book it for me, but I've received good deals myself by booking through their web site. I generally ignore the prices listed, and instead contact them by email, tell them what I need and ask for a total quote.

Search this Thread