Cancun's Moon Palace beach ?'s

Old Mar 26th, 1999, 04:43 AM
david

Cancun's Moon Palace beach ?'s

Wife & I are planning a trip in November to the Moon Palace. I have heard conflicting info on the beach and water conditions. We would love to swim & snorkel off beach if possible.

Thanks for any replies

David

Old Apr 6th, 1999, 06:49 PM
Kristin

David, I follow this board a lot and I have NEVER seen anything good about Moon Palace's beach. I've read much about how nice the hotel is, but there is always a qualifier about the beach being dirty, mucky, smelly, etc. I'm always on the lookout for a new nice hotel in Cancun, and have been tempted by the Moon Palace, but because I'm more of a beach person than a pool person I don't think I'll risk the M.P. until I read that they've done some clean-up. Sometime in the past 6 mos. I read that they were bussing people to other beaches from the hotel!! Not my idea of a relaxing beach vacation!!

Old Apr 6th, 1999, 06:50 PM
Kristin

David, I follow this board a lot and I have NEVER seen anything good about Moon Palace's beach. I've read much about how nice the hotel is, but there is always a qualifier about the beach being dirty, mucky, smelly, etc. I'm always on the lookout for a new nice hotel in Cancun, and have been tempted by the Moon Palace, but because I'm more of a beach person than a pool person I don't think I'll risk the M.P. until I read that they've done some clean-up. Sometime in the past 6 mos. I read that they were bussing people to other beaches from the hotel!! Not my idea of a relaxing beach vacation!!

Old Apr 6th, 1999, 09:03 PM
luanne

We stayed at the MP in 97 during the month of August. At that time there really was not a beach to lay on, but lots of pool area with activities. i
also love laying on the beach but could not do it there. It was a fantastic room though, food OK but far away from everything. Service was excellent

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 10:00 AM
John Braswell

David, I don't recommend staying at Moon Palace. The surf is rough, but most importantly it's covered in kelp. Also, the resort is a $14 one way cab trip from the hotel zone where all the shopping and restaurants are located. There are many very nice hotels and all-inclusives in the hotel zone that would have what your looking for.

Old Apr 8th, 1999, 03:28 PM
Diane

Does this last post mean the 3peso bus doesn't go this far? What a pain. That bus makes traveling back and forth from the Hotel Zone to downtown an adventure in itself!