Search

Hotels in Puerto Vallarta

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Puerto Vallarta

Hello everyone,

I have never been to Puerto Vallarta, but I have heard great things. I have seen some deals on the hotels below and I could really use a recommendation. Has anyone been to these hotels? Positive and negative reviews are welcome!

Riu Vallarta All Inclusive
Sheraton Buganvilias Resort
Presidente InterContinental
Dreams Resort
The Westin Resort & Spa
The Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta
Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa

Any thoughts on the all-inclusive thing? I've never done that before either and I hesitate to spend extra money if the food won't be any good and the drinks will be watered down.

Thanks!
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 07:23 PM

I've been to the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort and the Camino Real. They both have outstanding food (restaurants), entertainment (pools, and Mexican Fiestas), and accomodations (wonderful rooms with Jacuzzi). This was 7 years ago, and if I remember right at that time the Westin was rated higher stars by Apple vacation, so Westin might be better than both, but I have no regrets.
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 11:17 AM

You didn't mention it, but I would recommend the Casa Magna Marriott. We just got back on the 23rd and I cannot say enough about the service, the beautiful hotel, the comfort(feather top beds, pillows, and comforters), the Tequila (they make their own)and our overall experience. I can't say enough about how well we were treated.
As for the all-inclusive, I can't comment. I wouldn't, however, if you want to experience all the great food we had. We didn't have a bad meal, in fact we had some of the best food we've ever had (and we live near Chicago - where the food choice is excellent) We were treated like royalty there and cannot wait to go back. Puerto Vallarta is a place you shouldn't miss - the cab rides are enough to make the adrenaline flow.
For romance, don't miss Le Kliff - we had a very romantic anniversary dinner. They made it one not to forget.
For a great Mexican time, don't miss Pipi's.
Barcelona Tapas was great.
We had very good (but different) Itailian at La Dolce Vita.
Our hotel had excellent food too.
Probably way too much info, but I'm still excited about our trip.
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 11:43 AM

We stayed at Dreams for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it!!! The food was fabulous and the drinks were not watered down. The beach was beautiful and private. I would spend a little more for a jacuzzi room. They're in the newew building.

For us, all inclusive was the way to go as we just wanted a place to relax and this was definitely the place. A taxi ride into town was only $4 and we did that a few times. Dreams was a nice place to come back too!
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 12:17 PM

Dreams in the old Camino Real. The beach there is wonderful, private and clean.
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

Thank you to everyone who responded! All your answers were really helpful.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 02:12 PM

I stayed at Camino Real for many years and loved it. However I stayed at Dreams and did not care for it. Not nearly as nice as the old Camino Real. Now I stay at Fiesta Americana and love it--Fiesta has lovely rooms and clientele. You do not need all inclusive in PV-the restaurants are wonderful