Cancun - transport from airport to hotel

Nov 6th, 2002, 09:42 AM
Jill

Cancun - transport from airport to hotel

My husband and I are going to Cancun in late January and didn't book a package trip; so we don't have any transportation lined up from the airport to hotel. We are staying at the Gran Caribe. Would it be best to get a taxi? Are there any other options?

Nov 6th, 2002, 09:50 AM
Mary

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton a few weeks back. Here's what we did. We took a shuttle bus (which is a large van) from the airport to the hotel for $8.00 each. We were told that the taxi ride would be $40.00. The shuttle service was clean, efficient and much cheaper. They have lots of people selling shuttle services - the one we used was Green Line, but I have a feeling that alot of them work together and they just fill the next available shuttle type thing. Even if not, there were probably 10 shuttle companies.

On the way back, we had an early morning flight and didn't want to mess with a shuttle. The taxi was $26.00 from the Ritz to the airport. They say that taxi's leaving the airport have some form of minimum charge, but those going to the airport aren't subjected to the same surcharge. Hope this helps.

By the way, as far as transportion within Cancun - the city shuttle runs every 5 minutes and it was nominal - around $1.00. Very, very efficient and quick. We rode it several times from the hotel to the shopping district.

Search this Thread