Search

Cancun or somewhere else?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 1999, 11:15 AM
sandy

Cancun or somewhere else?

I'm planning a trip with my boyfriend. We're going to go the all-inclusive route, and stay at a 4*. Where should we go for a romantic stay?

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 08:04 AM
Bebe

Having been to Cancun 3 times, I would recommend that you NOT go all-inclusive if you go there. You would miss out on some great restaurants downtown (out of the hotel zone) that have incredible food, good local atmosphere, and low prices. We became a regular at one downtown establishment called Los Aluxes. <BR> <BR>For hotels, I recommend the Omni, Melia Turquesa, and my favorite--Fiesta Americana Condesa. <BR>

Old Aug 6th, 1999, 03:25 PM
Mary

Sandy, <BR> <BR>I totally agree with Bebe. I don't advise all-inclusive. For one thing, the food is so inexpensive in Mexico that you are actually paying more for an all-inclusive plan! Most importantly, you will miss out on the fun restaurants and different food experiences!!! <BR> <BR>Good luck, <BR> <BR>Mary <BR> <BR>P.S. I would also recommend the Condessa.

Old Aug 8th, 1999, 12:02 PM
matjaz

Hi, <BR> <BR>I will give you different advise than the other two did. My advise is don't go to Cancun instead go to Isla Mujeres (an island 15 minutes from Cancun by ferry). Isla Mujeres is lovely place with beautiful beaches and better prices than Cancun and the sunset is the best. <BR> <BR>If jou decide to go to Cancun you will be disappointed to find out that you cannot swim because of the waves and I don't know if it is romantic to look at other hotels and swim in the pool. <BR> <BR>On the otherhand the beach (plaja Norte) on Isla Mujeres is clean, you can swim as much as you want and palms which are a common thing unlike Cancun. About places to stay there is a beautiful (4 or 5 stars) hotel Zazil-Ha (something like that), located on the beach, with romantic restaurant. The island is small but nice and it is more Mexican than Cancun. <BR> <BR>If you need anything else just write. <BR> <BR>Bye!

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 04:49 PM
MA.LUISA

Hi Sandy!!!!!!! <BR>i live in cancun, i would suggest,as everybody else did, not to stay in an all incluve resort. If you want info on the places you can visit while you are here, let me know. Beware of the time share´s the will try to sell you tours, but you will loose a lot of time. <BR>I nice hotel, not very expensive would be The Melia Turquesa, besides its very close to the heart of the hotel zone. <BR>Or if you want to go to a romantic stay you can stay in the small hotels near tulum, they are cheaper than cancun, and more private.