Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Cancun: Omni, Hyatt Caribe, or Fiesta Americana Condessa ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 02:17 PM
david

I am looking at these 3 hotels. They are all the same Price Range. Which is the best choice ? Thanks.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 05:12 PM
d motl

Have not stayed at any of these but would choose Fiesta Americana just because I know that all the hotels in that area have great beaches. The Carribean side has all the fancy hotels but that water can be very rough.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 07:12 PM
Kris

David, just got back from staying at the Fiesta Americana Condesa. The beach and pool areas were great but I thought we were a little far out from things like restaurants, shopping and downtown Cancun.<BR><BR>The rooms were OK but I was a little surprised at the 6 Apple rating, 6 I believe being the highest that Apple gives. It was clean, the maid service was fine<BR><BR>I didn't see a lot of activity in the restaurants or even at the beach but I understand that the hotel occupancy rate is at 30-40% right now.<BR><BR>If you do stay at the Omni or Fiesta Americana Condesa, the local bus service is great. It's 5 pesos (around 50 cents) to ride, they are incredibly frequent and will stop even if you are not at a bus stop. You can take it downtown or anywhere in the hotel zone.

Old Dec 12th, 2001, 05:55 AM
loangalsal

Just stayed at the Fiesta Condesa for the 2nd time. Great hotel, beautiful beach and pool area. Breakfast was great there, but ate dinner in town every night. Buses are cheap and easy. Have fun!

Old Dec 21st, 2001, 11:23 AM
Sheila

We have stayed at the Hyatt Caribe Cancun several times and just love it there.

Old Dec 22nd, 2001, 11:27 AM
Joyce

All are good choices, Hyatt Caribe is close to Downtown and Resturant Zone.<BR>I have a client who stays at the Camino Real 3 Times a year for 7-10 night. I cannot get him to even try another hotel.