Reload this Page >

CANCUN, MAZATLAN, OR PUERTO VALLARTA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 1997, 03:08 PM
Kathy Franks

My husband and I are planning a quick trip between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year (97). We were wondering which of these would be the best bet weather-wise. We are looking for a romantic spot with beautiful beaches, raquetball, and some fun nightlife. Any suggestions??? We would appreciate input. Thanks.

Old Oct 24th, 1997, 11:36 AM
jennifer nacif

kathy
it is hard to choose all the beaches in mexico are superb the best and the most expensive is cancun the sand is great the hotels amazing ex ritz carlton coral beach . puerto vallarta is also nice the westin is great and good rates and the marriot the beach is not so great but the pueblito is fun.
have you consedered acapulco or huatulco the rates are super cheap after what hapened and the weather is good.

Old Oct 25th, 1997, 07:58 PM
Sandy

Nothing can compare to Cancun. I don't feel that it is any more expensive than the Mexican destinations.
There has been some pretty bad weather on the west coast. Acupulco was badly damaged, however I don't know how the other coastal towns were effected. We go to Cancun twice a year, November and April and the weather has been perfect. The beaches are clean and look like sugar, and the water is clear and blue. Nightlife is abundant and getting around by public transportation is very easy and cheap.(about 35 cents) Good snorkling,Mayan ruins, parsailing,or just plain loafing. Some of the least expensive and nicest accomodations are the rentals at the Royal Resorts.
(Try www.Royalresorts.com) We own a time share there, and it is possible to rent a room, suite or a Villa. Check it out. You won't be dissapointed.

Old Nov 4th, 1997, 09:00 AM
Bob Story

Mazatlan probably would be your best choice to experience the best that Mexico has to offer in the way of weather, beaches and nightlife. See www.maztravel.com.

Cancun is super-touristy and PV is almost as bad.

Old Dec 2nd, 1997, 01:07 PM
LM

Cancun is a tourist trap and pricey. Avoid Maz. during spring break, definitly a younger town. PV is best all round choice. Unless you are a diver or snorkeler. Then stick to Can. or Coz.

Old Jan 17th, 1998, 10:04 AM
Bon

Avoid Cancun as you would the plague. Very pricey tourist trap with more than its share of obnoxious tourist.Bon

Old Jan 17th, 1998, 10:05 AM
Bon

Avoid Cancun as you would the plague. Very pricey tourist trap with more than its share of obnoxious tourist.Bon

Old Jan 27th, 1998, 06:28 AM
reenie

Leaving for Mazatlan in a couple of weeks, and staying at the Sea Garden Resort, a semi inclusive.
I've vacationed in Puerto Vallarta for the past 5 years but know nothing about Mazatlan, except what my travel agent has said. Would love to hear about any great restaurants or things of interest. Not really into the scheduled touristy type things. Would prefer to eat and hang out where the locals do. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Old Feb 27th, 1998, 08:26 PM
Mary Lou Newth

We are planning to go to Puerta Vallarta in Oct. 98
We will be using a RCI trans. to a condo called Los Tules Viva Vallarta. If anyone has any info. on this property, or its beaches, please let us know.
We have been told that it's a beautiful place and that PV is also very safe, hopefully this is true.
Thank You. [email protected]

Old Mar 1st, 1998, 10:08 PM
Heidi

Reenie;

I was in Mazatlan a couple winters ago and had a good time. There's a couple places to eat that had really good food that you should try if you can. One of them was called Paraiso, and we went there every morning for breakfast. It is right on the beach, and there's another restaurant right beside it, although you have to go down a seperate street to get there. But it is right beside eachother when you look at them from the beach. You HAVE TO try the orange juice there...I crave that orange juice sometimes. Another place that we had really great food was Larrios. It was an all you can eat rib or chicken dinner, and it was really good. I'm not too sure of the price of Larrios, but Paraiso's was cheap (under $5US) for breakfast. One more place we went, I had the best steak I've ever eaten, was Guatalahara (sp?) on the main drag, I just asked for a steak, and they brought me one. The next time we were there though, when I asked for a steak, they brought me a menu with 10 different steaks on it. It wasn't the same, but still good. El Patio, down away from the hotel zone was also a good place to eat...HUGE shrimps, if you like that kinda thing.
Email me if you need more info, K?

Heidi