Cancun in July with no air conditioned: how bad?

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 07:34 PM
Matt

Cancun in July with no air conditioned: how bad?

I had to arrange a last minute trip for 8 days and the only budget hotel I found has
no air conditioned. Is this really bad in
Cancun in July? Should I cancel and get
another hotel?

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 07:14 AM
dan woodlief

It will be very hot. Personally, I would not want one without one, but I don't like heat. When I was there in June three years ago, I sweated everytime I went out, even after dark. Are you staying downtown or on the beach?

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 07:49 AM
Sue

We just came back from staying for two weeks on Isla Mujeres (off Cancun) and our room had no air conditioning. It had a ceiling fan and our room was very close to the water on the second floor, which made a difference. If we go again at this time of year we shall try to get AC.

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 07:34 AM
peggy

We own a condo in Playa - during the summer we consistently us the air conditioning. We have a nice crosswind breeze - but in the summer - if you want to sleep I would strongy suggest air. During the rest of the year we rarely use it. I would also suggest air if you are renting a car. The problem is the humiditiy as it is the rainy season. 90 degrees 90 percent humidity. But - the ocean is nice and warm - great for swimming.

www.playadelcarmenvacation.com

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 04:39 AM
Doug

Just got back 6/29/01, and I don't think I could have stayed a single day without A/C.

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 09:36 AM
Lindsay

I was in Cancun from June 25 -29. It was HOT!! The last two days were the worst. If humidity does not bother you, you might be able to stand it! Just make sure they have a fan and that you have a room that gets some kind of breeze. Be sure the hotel is on the water and not in town. When you go into town, it is unbelievably hot! Personally I would check into some of the package deals and try to find a hotel with AC. The Pyramides is called a budget hotel in the Vacation Express books and it is wonderful. Good luck.

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 07:49 AM
Diane

Have been to Cancun many times, including in July, August. I live in So. Fla., so I am used heat and humidity. I could not handle Cancun in July without A/C. Would not be able to sleep.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 10:10 AM
Lauren

I think it will be very uncomfortable for you. We just got back from Riviera Maya which is alittle south of Cancun and the heat and humidity would have been unbearable without air.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 06:05 PM
Carl Z

Myself I loathe Air Con.
Not only is it a huge waste of resources but it's defintely unhealthy as well.
If you have a good fan and remember to take a shower before bed you'll be fine.
Don't turn the fan up too high, a nice even flow is best.
Sometimes I can't believe how 'indoorsy' the posters to this board are!!!

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 12:18 PM
Greg Gallagher

I absolutely love Cancun, but you might as well spray yourself with PAM and jump in a frying pan at that time of year. On the positve side. One day in Cancun is better than any day at work. No matter what the weather is like if you like water and sunshine (and cerveza) you love it. Wish i could hop a ride.

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 07:58 AM
Teresa

Hi
Within 24 hours I will be posting a "summary" of our vacation in Akumal under Akumal "Secured" Villas. See that. We were there June 8-15. It was unbarably HOT and the humidity (100%!) made it worse. You will be miserable without airconditioning and maybe with too! The villa we stayed in had airconditioning only in the bedrooms...thank goodness, we would not have slept a wink if it hadn't been! Go to the Caribbean! There are ALWAYS wonderful tradewinds blowing!
Teresa

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 03:41 PM
Matt

Thanks everybody! You have convinced me,
I switched to a hotel with AC. It will
cost me more but what the hell, I don't
want to be in hell...