Cancun-Iberostar Parasio Maya

Jun 20th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

Cancun-Iberostar Parasio Maya

Our family just returned (6/19/05) from a weeks stay at this wonderful resort. We have nothing but praises for it. Our party consisted of four adults and 8 kids, ages 9 to almost 17. EVERYONE had a great time. I will give a list of the highlights:

1. Everything was spotless. The rooms, the grounds the beach and the restaurants.

2. The staff was very helpful and polite. Everyone spoke to us when we passed in the hallways or other areas. The wait staff was great in the restaurants and good in the buffets.

3. The beach was lovely. Plenty of umbrellas. I highly recommend walking to the right about 500 yds. for a more pleasant swimming area. It is out of the resort, but all is very safe.

4. Food was good, not great, but better than I expected. Our favorite restaurant was Jambalaya, a Cajun restaurant in the neighboring Lindo resort. We tried the Japanese, Seafood, Steak and Italian. Stay away from the Italian...pizza was the only thing that was good.

5. Conceirge in everybuilding to help with everything, but especially diner reservations. Make these for the whole visit on your first night. The more popular restaurants fill up quickly.

6. Breakfast buffet in the Maya is best at the Seafood restaurant. Lunch buffet is best at the Italian restaurant in the Lindo.

7. Our kids had the run of the place. We felt very safe with this and they loved it. We did not let them go to the beach unsupervised even though there is a life guard.

8. We had a Jr. Suite. It would easily sleep 6.

9. The worst day was our trip to Tulum and Xel-Ha. Tulum is very interesting, but Xel Ha is over-rated. The dolphin experience was a blast for the kids, but the snorkeling was poor at best. Do a snorkling trip to the Palancar reef instead. It has to be better.

10. Great place for families. Not much rowdiness that you might expect with open bar.

I can answer questions if you like. I don't want to give info overload!

mcmomx4
Jun 20th, 2005, 12:33 PM

We are staying at the Iberostar Paraisio Del Mar this December. I wasn't sure if we would have access to the restaurants at the Lindo, since it is the most expensive of the Iberostar's. I thought I read on another travel board that the restaurants at the Lindo were only for guests at the Lindo. Glad to see that's not true! Did you visit the Paraisio Del Mar at all?
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

No, we did not.
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:03 PM

Hi - we are family of 4 staying at Iberostar Paraiso Maya in July this year. My kids are 8 & 10 - did you make any use of the kids club when you were there? - are there activities for this age group? Any info on what the younger kids in your group did at the resort would be appreciated. Also was there babysitting available if we wanted to go to PDC ourselves one evening? Many thanks in advance
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

We did not use the kids club, but we did see them around. I think they looked well supervised and lots of activities going on. There is an evening kids club, but I do not know about baby sitting.