Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Cancun--Fiesta Americana (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/cancun-fiesta-americana-50320/)

les Aug 7th, 1999 06:16 AM

Cancun--Fiesta Americana

Fiesta Americana has three hotels in Cancun. <BR>The Coral Beach, The Condesa, and The Cancun <BR>We've never been to Cancun and don't know which to pick, the expensive, the less expensive or the inexpensive---and does it matter. what are the roons like. What are the beaches like. Any help would be great. <BR>thanks

LINDA Aug 8th, 1999 08:39 AM

The Condessa would be my first choice, for location, ambiance, and a great beach. It is intimate, yet a first class, full service resort. I also love the Melia, but it is very large and so a little impersonal; consider your personal tastes when booking.I think Fiesta Americana has a web site (?) where you could possibly view all of their hotels. ALso get as many tour brochures as you can and take a critical look at the pictures of the hotel grounds of the places you are thinking of staying at. DONT go all inclusive to Cancun! There are just too many things to see, do, and great places to eat. You wont want to go back to your hotel for every meal.

MA.LUISA Aug 12th, 1999 12:11 PM

HI LES: <BR>I live in Cancun, i am independent tour guide, the choice really depends on what are you planning to do on your vacations, the fiesta americana condesa is quite away from the heart of the hotel zone of cancun, so is perfect to relax,the coral beach and the cancun, are practically in the same area, but the coral beach is huge and very fancy, <BR>both are located in the heart of the hotel zone, where all the commercial malls are and also almost allthe night clubs. If you need info on the activities that you can do while you are here, mail me i will give you all the info you need in order to have an excellent stay in cancun.

Scott Aug 17th, 1999 03:33 PM

STAY AT THE CONDESA!! My wife and I stayed and think it is the best hotel in Cancun. Enjoy Cancun, if you have any questions I'd be happy to help.

mike Aug 17th, 1999 09:55 PM

Sorry to disagree, but the Coral Beach is the absolute BEST and most luxurious of the group and is situated on a beautiful, calm and clear bay (no rolling surf)!!

Jackie Aug 18th, 1999 07:37 AM

Hi ~ I spent my 31st birthday at the Fiesta American Cancun. I thought location was great, right in middle of the hotel zone. We enjoy traveling to Isla Mujeres and it is close to the pier where you cross. I found the hotel grounds to be awesome. Very lush plants every, a large pool and swim up bar. The beach was great too. I believe this is the least expensive of the FA but ranks as 4-5 Star hotel. <BR>The food is great and so is the entertainment. Since I have been to Cancun 5 times, I find that more and more I just like to hang out by the beach. This hotel is however, very close to all the restaurants you can imagine. If you have any questions, give me ring, I also happen to be the marketing and group coordinator for a travel agency.