Cancun Car Rental Agency? Some recommendations?

Old Jan 21st, 2019, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancun Car Rental Agency? Some recommendations?

On the next spring break, my family and I will be traveling to Cancun, Mexico. Many friends have recommended that we rent a car in the city for comfort and safety. We have researched some local car rental agencies and many people talk about City Car Rental, we would like to know if any of you have heard about this agency and if you can recommend it to us. We would need the car for 7 days and we want to get the best deal.
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 01:42 PM

I've never heard of City Car Rental, I have used Easyway 3 times and America Car Rental once, my friend just flew back today from the Riviera Maya and had a Nissan Tilda from Easyway. A small sedan will run about $40-45 per day with full insurance, a bit more if you need an automatic like she and I do. They are a locally owned company with offices a 5 minute drive from the airport (they pick you up outside arrivals), downtown Hotel Zone, Playa del Carmen and Merida.
Old Mar 8th, 2019, 10:54 AM

I've used Easyway, Avant and America. Avant is my current favorite - reasonable prices, nice people to deal with. Cost me $245 for a small car for a week with all necessary insurances. I've also had good luck with Easyway. America is ok, but they had me wait over an hour for a car one time. Realize these places are cheaper than the national chains because they are not on the airport property. They will meet you at the airport and shuttle you 10 minutes to their offices. Having a car will allow you to get away from the city and explore the nearby ruins, towns, jungle, etc.
Old Nov 12th, 2019, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Following my answer, I booked with City Car Rental, and everything was great! They have excellent customer service and fair prices. Also, they give me discount coupons for Xcaret, so it was an excellent deal.