Notices

cancun-all inclusive vs not

Old Apr 2nd, 1997, 09:11 AM
parag patel

cancun-all inclusive vs not

I'm planning on taking a trip to cancun in june through Apple vacations. I've gotten some intersting deals on two different plans-all inclusive v pay as you go. The all inclusive hotel is the Blue Bay Club and Marina and the other style is at Caesar Park Beach and Golf
Resort. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I want to go on a seven night trip so tours, must sees and the like? Thanks everyone.

Old Apr 3rd, 1997, 11:14 AM
Don

Been to Caesar Park it is great, good spot on beach and unbelievable pool setup. I don't believe you need a "all inclusive" package because there are tons of reasonable restaurants in cancun and bus system runs by hotel and is very safe. Caesar Park is one of top two or three hotels on the island. only drawback is it pretty quite at night with little to do a night, but that can be solved with 10 minute bus or cab ride. Email me if you need more info

Old May 20th, 1997, 09:04 PM
Mary

Went to Cancun last January - Had lots of fun!! I wouldn't recommend a AI plan since food & fun is rather inexpensive (ie, full breakfast @ a cafe called, Splash, cost $9 for 2 people!)- X-hal (I know I'm spelling it wrong) is supposedly EXCELLENT for snorkeling. Have a GREAT time. Email me if you want further info!

Old Oct 16th, 1997, 03:07 PM
dennis brault

Going to Margarita Island mid January how will
the weather be? Also is it safe to go to the mainland? has anyone stayed at the Allegro
diamond resort laguna mar? Is it worth the price
for all inclusive.

Old Oct 18th, 1997, 06:54 PM
Mrs. Gonzalez

All inclusive formulas are only good if you want to know how much you are going to spend for sleeping and eating. That doesn't mean that it is necessary the best deal. It just means YOU know in advance. Then you might want to experience other places and BINGO ! it is going to cost you more since you are going to pay twice.

Old Nov 27th, 1997, 09:38 AM
Mike Erickson

I saw a webpage devoted entirely to the Diamond. Not in a good way either! Apparently, they frequently overbook and send the overbookings to lower tier accomodations. If you search through the Yahoo travel section, you'll come across the page. This page also has e-mails attached to the page from others who experienced the same. The page admits that most people report good experiences, but my time and travel costs from where we live is not worth the risk. The resort manager has indicated that they've had computer problems with booking. Only people can rectify these kind of mistakes.

Old Dec 12th, 1997, 06:46 PM
Pamela Cashman

Hi, My husband and I will be traveling to Cancun
in April,'98 and staying at the Cancun Palace. I had an unpleasant experience in Acapulco last year and would like to enjoy this years vacation....does anyone have any input re: The Palace and Cancun as well as all inclusive? Thanks for your time!!! PC

Old Dec 13th, 1997, 09:16 AM
Sharon

We will going to Cancun next week. We are staying at Sun Palace with our two children ages 12 & 14. Does anyone have any info on the Sun Palace or renting cars in cancun? Would appreciate any helpful info.
Thank You, Sharon

Old Dec 15th, 1997, 07:49 AM
Don / Boston

Sharon

Stayed at Sun Palace this past July with my family (kids 15 and 9 ) we enjoyed it very much. Renting cars is no big problem in Cancun you can rent them right at Sun Palace. My kids loved the Sun Palace beautiful beach (even though surf can be rough) and the food was good if not great (they particuliarly liked italian restaurant that required reservations). Isla Mujeres and Jungle Cruise were enjoyable as was Xel-Ha. Didn't care for ruins trip. My 15 year old daughter loved the malls and market place. Email me if you have questions !!

Old Dec 21st, 1997, 02:13 PM
Jan

We went to Cancun 2 years ago and stayed at Camino Real. We are going again in February, 1998 and staying at the same place. We absolutely loved it. That vacation was just perfect. The people in CAncun are very nice and friendly. They are also very helpful, of course exception being some time share people. We didn't have much of a problem there anyway. For sure go to Captains Cove for dinner or even breakfast. WE did breakfast a few times at Splash's. Great place and cheap! Perico's is a must, it has great atmosphere and staff also good food. It is downtown Cancun. It really is an experience! If you like Reggae music go to CATS because they have live Reggae bands and are out of this world!!! fun place. There is so much to do and see. Have fun.

Old Dec 21st, 1997, 03:39 PM
LuAnn

In Cancun, I would recommend NOT doing an all-inclusive because there are so many great and reasonably priced restaurants there. It would be a shame to be stuck eating at your hotel all the time. (We do like all-inclusive hotels, but more at smaller resorts). As far as sight-seeing, I would recommend going to Chichen-Itza for the day. We also enjoyed the Jungle Tour, and Xcaret. Friends have also recommended Xel-ha and the ruins at Tulum. Have fun!

Old Dec 26th, 1997, 06:30 PM
zanygirl

I am also planning a trip to Cancun and read your post on Caesar...Would you advise this as a resort to take children??? I am concerned about getting sick by eating out at the restaurants in Cancun. Did you have any such problems.

Thanks.

zanygirl

Old Dec 26th, 1997, 06:30 PM
zanygirl

I am also planning a trip to Cancun and read your post on Caesar...Would you advise this as a resort to take children??? I am concerned about getting sick by eating out at the restaurants in Cancun. Did you have any such problems.

Thanks.

zanygirl

Old Dec 30th, 1997, 07:35 PM
Angie

We have stayed in Cancun Twice both times with our 9yr old, once was all inclusive, the other time not. we preferred the all inclusive at the Sun Palace because we had such a choice of restaurants, try the Mexican restaurant at the Cancun Palace, Also 2 tours were included in our all-inclusive. We went to Isla Mujeres and to Tulum with a snorkling stop at Akumal. Also included were sports on the lagoon. If you like the night life I would suggest not going to an all-inclusive there's lots to see and do in Cancun and you can't possibly do it all in one trip. We can't wait to go back!

Old Dec 31st, 1997, 01:38 AM
joelle

I cannot really understand how an all-inclusive package can be of interest for several reasons : 1- how can you imagine eating at the same place twice a day for a week or two, while many different restaurants and types of food are available, 2- if you don't like the place you're staying at, you will be pretty upset to have spent money on that place in advance... 3- from personal experience, the type of food, drinks and services offered in all-inclusives are generally low or average (at the best). They know they have captive customers, so they don't bother to make efforts. 4- should you want to do some outside trips for the day, then again you spend more money and you do not use what you have already paid for. 5- if you want to stay the whole week at the same place, it means you are not going to discover much of the country or area visited. Then, in that case, I would say it is not worth the trip!