Cancun Airport- Public Bus?

Nov 5th, 2002, 03:53 AM
Jim

Cancun Airport- Public Bus?

Hi,
Does anyone know if the public bus runs from the airport to the hotel strip? How much does a taxi cost?

Nov 6th, 2002, 04:41 AM
Sarah

I don't think the busses go to the airport, I can't be sure though. It's just that I have never seen one there. There is transportation you can arrange for once you get to the hotel. Don't take a taxi, I'm sure it would be very expensive!

Nov 6th, 2002, 08:51 AM
Zorro

The last time I went to Cancun, they didn't. From the airport to the hotel you either take a taxi, a van (6 to 8 people per van) or a bus (not the public bus). This is run by some kind of union, so you need to buy the tickets inside the airport. The taxi is the most expensive (It will be less expensive from the hotel to the airport, these is because of the union at the airport). I think the bus is the least expensive but it will make a lot of stops if your hotel is close to the convention center or downtown. I always like the van it doesn't make to many stops and the price is moderate.
The taxi fare depends on how close is the hotel to the airport. I think it was around 40 USD from the airport to Plaza Kukulkan area (in he middle of the island) and it was around 20 USD from the same area to the airport. Anyway the rates are regulated and you should be able to find a rate list in the airport.

Search this Thread