Can't decide where to go in August

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I want to travel to a place with beautiful beaches, interesting culture, lots of stuff to do and not too expensive. Thinking of Costa Rica, Belize, Mexico or Carribean. I know it's pretty general , but overall we do not want to get rained out either. Any advice would be appreciated!
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 12:25 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
August is the hottest, most humid and rainiest month in many coastal cities in Mexico. It wouldn't stop me from going, but basically I think any other month of the year would be more pleasant. Or visit one of the beautiful colonial cities up in the mountains instead of the beach.
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 06:03 PM

lfny123: I'm in the same situation! We have a week or so in August and wanted to visit Mexico or maybe Costa Rica or Guatemala. After lots of searching and reading, I've learned it's the rainy or "green" season: hot, humid, rain. Hm. I, too, would love some advice, tips on out of the way places, etc. And, let's share what other information we find out, okay?
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 06:41 AM

We always go to Tulum in Aug. It rains for a short time in the late afternoon, which is my favorite time to swipe the prime beach chairs that others have vacated.

It is very hot. At the very least, an oceanfront room is in order...and a ceiling makes it even better.
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

My husband and I decided we will wait until the last minute and see who has the best deal and check the weather to make sure for no hurricanes coming around...it seems US airways has great deals to Belize, Costa Rica and Guatemala...between 235-315...so we may do an e-saver fare and go from there.
Still would love suggestions if anyone knows of specials going on now...thanks for the help.