Camino Real

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 02:39 AM
tess

Camino Real

Can anyone tell me about Camino Real and the accommodations there? Do you need to stay in a club room or are the regular rooms good? Does anyone know of a way to get a good price on this place--is there a website or can I contact them directly for a good rate? Thanks

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 03:17 AM
Frank

And Camino Real is in.......?
Maybe in Quito, Ecuador?

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 04:30 AM
earl

Camino Real is a Mexican owned chain with hotels in many cities. My guess is that you are talking about the property in PV. I have also stayed at CR hotels in Mazatlan, Las Hadas, Guadalajara, D.F. Puebla, Cuernavaca, Oaxaca and Huatulco. They are all fantastic. Upscale hotels with all of the amenities, very good restaurants, and fabulous staff. They are a bit pricey.
See if they are offering the "More Mexico for less' package. If you are travelling at a peak time it may not be offered. The package varies from property to property, but usually offers a great breakfast buffet, evening cocktail hour, and 4th or 5th night free. Camino Real Club was dropped for the Hilton Honors program, but some of the club amenities are still available.
The hotel in PV is 4km south of the town on a fantastic beach. Bus into town is 4 pesos, and they run every 10 min. or so. Cab is 30 pesos. Check out their website. This is the only place we stay if there is a hotel near by. Eme for more info.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 04:53 AM
John K

I don't know which CR you're referring to but the CR in Puerto Vallarta is excellent and I would definitely suggest the club rooms. You can get an excellent rate plus 3,000 bonus miles if you book it through www.aavacations.com (you don't have to buy the American Airlines ticket if you prefer to fly another airline.)

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 05:54 AM
Nancy

Hello,
If you are talking about the Camino Real in Cancun, I would definitely recommend it. One of the first hotels in Cancun, it has one of the best beaches on the Club side. Great views from the upper floors.
I stayed in a Club room and would recommend it over the others as it is not much more expensive, and is much nicer with a much better beach and better perks.
I think I got my great rate ($115.00) by calling the 1-800 number. Also, I stayed in off-season.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 01:24 PM
dougout

The tower/club rooms at Cancun are very nice and the view is definitely the best in Cancun. The smaller beach just outside the tower is protected from the surf and is fantastic for swimming and snorkeling. The property overall is very interesting encompassing the entire point. I shot 200 pics and have at least 25 to blow-up. Best wishes.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Brad

If you're talking about Camino Real in PV, I just returned from there a coupld of weeks ago -- spent 8 nights there.

I had a regular room, and it was great. All of the rooms face the Ocean and overlook the beach. The rooms were nice, great size had a minibar and twice-daily maid service.

I had read that the Club rooms were nicer, but I found my room to be more than adequate, and besides, I did not plan to spend that much time in the room anyway. I suppose if you want the daily cocktails and breakfast, maybe it's a good deal but otherwise, I'm not sure what you're paying for. When I checked, the club rooms were approximately $50 more than the regular rooms.

As for booking rooms, I investigated the best rates by calling the hotel directly and negotiating, and found that tbey would not give me a better rate than anywhere else. The hotel offered the same rate as the 800 Camino Real reservation number, and offered the same rate as the rates I found on Travelocity.com and Expedia.com.

Best of luck, and let me know if I can answer other questions.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Brad

If you're talking about Camino Real in PV, I just returned from there a coupld of weeks ago -- spent 8 nights there and loved the hotel and the locale. The staff is great -- just beware of the long time it takes to check in and out and the people that save 20 chairs by 8 am.

I had a regular room, and it was great. All of the rooms face the Ocean and overlook the beach. The rooms were nice, great size had a minibar and twice-daily maid service.

I had read that the Club rooms were nicer, but I found my room to be more than adequate, and besides, I did not plan to spend that much time in the room anyway. I suppose if you want the daily cocktails and breakfast, maybe it's a good deal but otherwise, I'm not sure what you're paying for. When I checked, the club rooms were approximately $50 more than the regular rooms.

As for booking rooms, I investigated the best rates by calling the hotel directly and negotiating, and found that tbey would not give me a better rate than anywhere else. The hotel offered the same rate as the 800 Camino Real reservation number, and offered the same rate as the rates I found on Travelocity.com and Expedia.com.

Best of luck, and let me know if I can answer other questions.