cala luna versus fiesta premier

Old Nov 15th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

cala luna versus fiesta premier

i know it's probably a big question but does anyone have any input on the cala luna in tamarindo versus the fiesta premier in playa panama ? is the cala luna appropriate for kids ? will we go nuts at the fiesta because there is no town ? can we get the same tours from the cala luna ? anybody ?
thank you
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 01:37 PM

Wow two totally different experiences... Visited both on a site inspection a couple of months ago and stayed at the Fiesta for a night.
Fiesta isn't that far from Playa Hermosa and some other villages for other restaurants and stuff. The resort is very nicely laid out with separate bungalows spread out. Nice beach, and it's all inclusive which for me is a bonus with kids - all the activities etc to keep them busy and out of your hair
Cala Luna is a more up-market property with only 20 rooms, not on the beach have to walk down a trail to the public beach. You would be able to do the regular area tours from either.
Would depend on the ages of the kids but I think Fiesta might be more appropriate.
Cheers,
Andrew
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

thanks very much for the quick response.if you don't mind i'll probably try to email you tomorrow with some more questions.
thanks again
kevin martin
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 06:36 PM

There's more than 20 rooms at Cala Luna the property also has quite a few 2 and 3 bedrooms villas. The villas would be great for kids as they each have a small private pool. The villas interiors are large and airy with a kitchen, washing machine, TV, and a/c in the bedrooms. It is a short walk to the beach but to Tamarindo you'll need transportation. There are canopy tours in the area, there was also ATV tours and as I recall they could pick you up at the hotel.
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the info. anybody feel like emailing me with a phone number so that i could speak to you more in depth ?
thanks
[email protected]