Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Cabo San Lucas -- What's it like in November?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found out today that we are going to Cabo San Lucas in late November (just before Thanksgiving). I checked on Weather.com for average temps, etc. for November, and there is no information posted.

Anyone been there in November? What was it like?
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 07:45 AM

November weather in Cabo is typically great, with sunny days and warm but not overly hot temps. The high humidity of Aug - Oct usually drops sometime in mid-to-late October.

Bill
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 07:55 AM

Shelly, I just checked a couple of sites like this one:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...cas_mexico.htm

Basically the average daily high drops about 7 F from Oct to Nov ... I was surprised to see the relative humidity is similar since we've been there many times and Aug - early Oct definitely feels more humid than say Nov - June ... here's a quote from a site explaining why the winter feels less humid:

<b><i>Autumn brings abrupt change. Weather remains warm and muggy until the ocean currents begin to cool in mid-October. October is the major transition month, as the trade winds reverse direction and weather patterns shift. Nights are cool again, and people stop sweating. The change can be remarkably sudden, but is always welcome. </i></b>

This is from http://www.cabobob.com/pages/04wthr.html and agrees with what we've experienced down there.

Bill
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Bill:

Okay, it sounds very much like what we have in South Florida in November, which is wonderful. Thanks for the links.

I haven't been to Mexico since 1983 (Yucatan peninsula), and I have only been to the US west coast twice, so I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Thanks again.

Old Jun 5th, 2008, 03:31 PM

I have been several times during the first 2 weeks in November, and it was lovely~as mentioned, it's not nearly as hot and humid as summer! Night time is typically warm enough for shorts, tshirts and flip-flops, and the water temp is pleasant. I have also been in February, where it is chilly at night and the water temp is NOT balmy!
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info, tenthumbs. It sounds great.

And after recently returning from Europe, it sounds even better when you say I can wear flip flops, shorts, and t-shirts, which is my standard gear, and which I did not get to wear at all in Europe.
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 09:55 AM

I live in the mountains of Northern CA, so Cabo in February is still a treat, but I did prefer going in November! There are a lot of fun things to do there~snorkeling in Santa Maria bay (go in the morning when the water is calmer); the Mango Deck or the Office (nothing better than sitting on the beach with toes in sand, mango margarita in hand!); lunch at the Stoplight downtown (the tamales are excellent)......We are going in February, and I am SO looking forward to it!