Cabo San Lucas weather in September

Jul 8th, 2003, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

Cabo San Lucas weather in September

I am planning my honeymoon in Cabo for the second week in September (8th - 15th) this year. Did I make a big mistake? Our we going to get a lot of rain? Also, regarding car rentals - it seems as though it's a 50/50 split wether or not to rent a car. If we decide not to rent ahead of time and then realize we made a mistake once we are in Cabo, will it be difficult/expensive to rent then? We are staying at the Pueblo Bonito Rose - anyone else stay there? any reviews?
Jul 9th, 2003, 12:07 PM

I've been to Cabo many times and never rented a car til last year...spent a few days in Todos Santos..very nice little town about an hour up the coast...worth having a car for a day or so...I just reserved a car thru National...$25/ day for the non Cabo portion of my stay..very easy to pick up in CSL and near your hotel. Your hotel is a short walk or cab ride into town..you don't NEED a car unless you want to leave town. Sorry I can't help with the Sept weather. Enjoy!
Jul 9th, 2003, 07:54 PM

It sucks- hot humid- can barely breath- air hangs over you like a ton of weight- if you have a heartcondition or high blood pressure you can get done in- swollen feet- overheated- and Hurricane Season or Tropical storms can knock the electricity out- no airconditoning- it sucks.
Jul 9th, 2003, 10:53 PM

I don't know what it's like in Sept. but I have stayed at PB Rose. It's a great hotel!!! You are in a great location in relationship to everything!! You don't need a car at all. Maybe the other people stayed at a different hotel. If this is your first time to Cabo, you won't need a car. You are very close to everything: downtown and also where all the boating tours originate. Also Rose has all the water sports right in front on the beach (many hotels do not).

We went to Rose 2 years ago on our honeymoon and loved every momement. The pool is beautiful, to die for spa, good food and beautiful accomodations. Rose has the better restaurants between Rose and Blanco. Try tripadvisor.com for additional reviews of Rose. Good luck! Oh we are a early 30s couple from LA.
Jul 10th, 2003, 07:58 AM
ltt

it will likely be very hot and humid.
Jul 24th, 2003, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Just hot and humid or is it likely to rain as well? We are a young couple (early 30s) and have no problem with the heat, just don't like rain!! If there is anyone out there who has actually been to Cabo in Sept, please let me know.
Jul 24th, 2003, 10:24 AM

Jennifer:
congratulations!! i am staying at PB Sunset Beach on my honeymoon in November. From my research i have found that it only rains, on average, 5-10 days a year in cabo. good luck
Jul 24th, 2003, 05:41 PM

This was taken off the Timeshare Beat Fraud mexico Web Page: It is a beware and be careful for the hapless tourist.

Quote below From Consumer letter allegations of trickery:

4. The salespeople tricked us into signing a document which attempts to waive our right of rescission and right to cancel. They produced a document for me to sign at the very end. When I asked what it was, they said, "Oh, that's nothing... it's just something you need to sign which allows us to charge your credit card." I wondered why this was necessary since I already had signed the credit card slip. Later, I read the fine print which states that "I realize and understand that the earnest money deposit that I have credited towards my purchase contract is non-cancellable and non-refundable, as my purchase contract has no provisions for a rescission period." This is CLEARLY ILLEGAL and goes completely against the Mexican Federal Consumer Protection Law. Also, please note that their contract is extremely unilateral. It completely protects them, and provides absolutely no protection to the buyer.

5. We were not given the chance to see the actual junior suite before we purchased it. The junior suite we purchased was not on the property where the sale took place. We asked to see it before signing the contract, but the salespeople insisted on doing the paperwork first in the interest of time. We saw the suite the next day and were very unhappy with it.

The Mexican Federal Consumer Protection Law entitles buyers to a 5-day right of rescission for all timeshare contracts. This is an irrevocable right which allows the buyer FULL REIMBURSEMENT of any amounts delivered to the seller. This law is defended by the Attorney General in defense and protection of consumers.

After realizing that we had been defrauded, and after seeing the actual suite, we rescinded the contract in writing and hand-delivered the cancellation letter to the Pueblo Bonito Rose Sales Office on April 19th, 2003 - the very next day after signing the purchase contract.

Along with the hand-delivered letter of April 19th, 2003, I have also sent numerous faxes and e-mails to the Pueblo Bonito sales office asking them to cancel the contract. They (Alfredo Ramirez - Sales Director) have confirmed receipt of those letters but have still not cancelled the contract or refunded our deposit.

Link to the Story:

http://www.thetimesharebeat.com/mex2.htm

Jul 30th, 2003, 08:55 PM

As far as car rental goes, I would definitely rent one prior to leaving the US. Your travel agent should provide alot of help and information, along with giving you that all important confirmation # for the type of vehicle that you wish to rent. I
have rented with National and Avis. They were both great. Sometimes, there are not enough vehicles available in the class you have reserved and they will upgrade just as is the case here in the states. September is going to be a tricky month, humid, hurricane weather, but the night life will be good and you won't have to deal with mass confusion at the clubs since you are traveling "off season" for this resort area. The marlin fishing should be wonderful then, and providing the weather cooperates (ie: no hurricanes)
the chartered boat ride will be worth it, regardless of what you put on the hook. Back to the car rental thing, when you do pick up your vehicle, go over it with an attendant with a fine toothed comb. Look for ANY ding, scratch, or anything that doesn't look 100% A OK. They will look closely when the vehicle comes back. This tidbit is not intended to scare you off from renting, but it just gives you power as a consumer in a foreign country. You've got it acknowledged on paper this way and you should be ok. Congratulations!