cabo san lucas transportation from airport

Old Nov 16th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cabo san lucas transportation from airport

We are flying into Los Cabos Airport (near Cabo San Lucas) we then need to take a cab from the airport to our time share which is Raintrees Club Regina Los Cabos in San Jose del Cabo.

The timeshare staff has called and emailed us several times asking us if we want them to arrange transportation for us.

Is anyone familiar with these types of arrangements from timeshare condos and or hotels and are they a better deal than just hailing a cab off the street?
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 09:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cannot hail a cab from the street. Only certain cab companies can pick up at the airport, or something like that, unions?? Not sure why, but either go thru your hotel or check this info from tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g1...e.Airport.html

We have used Cape Travel to get to CSL and another I cannot recall.

Just DO NOT stop and talk to the guys out in the airport lobby. They all work for timeshares and will tell you they are with so and so shuttle. They are not. For less stress, arrange pickup ahead.
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 08:20 AM

I've always made arrangements with Cape Travel through the resort where I have my timeshare, but suze posted about a less expensive option.......I'll see if I can find the thread.
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

thanks michelleY
and tenthumbs, I will check back.
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 10:55 AM

Cape Travel is awesome. depending on how many you are traveling with, we like the private suv transport. It's direct and they will stop at costco or anywhwere you want on the way in.
If its just a couple of people, sometimes the van shuttle is fun meeting strangers in a fun place that come from all over the world. The suv unsually runs about $160 us roundtrip. the van was around $35PP roundtrip (i think).

I agree wit Michelle though! once you get your luggage of the scanner, put your head down and walk fast as hell until you are outside the doors of the airport. Then and only then, start looking for Cape Travel.

http://www.cape-travel.com/
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 11:57 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Agreeing you can't "hail a cab off the street" at the airport. Plus not having your transportation arranged in advance can put you at the mercy of the timeshare sharks in the airport lobby.

I used TransCabo which I arranged online in advance with www.cabosanlucastours.net. It was something like $30 round-trip and that was all the way into downtown Cabo (San Jose del Cabo is a lot closer).

What price is the timeshare place quoting for you if they arrange it?
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 11:59 AM

Also nanabee, I'm not sure but from the wording of your post you may be a bit confused about the distances. The airport is WAY closer to the town of San Jose. From the airport into downtown Cabo is much further, 29 miles total.
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

The quote we got from the hotel for the Shuttle Service per person: $13 USD ONE WAY/ $26 USD ROUND TRIP

I guess we will go ahead and confirm yes. I appreciate the advice about putting your head down and avoiding the sharks!

suze,
Yes I did not know that. I was thinking San Jose would be a little further. Thanks
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 06:44 PM

Sounds like you got a reasonable shuttle rate. Have fun and report back. We will just miss you.
Old Nov 18th, 2011, 12:02 PM

nanabee, You need to look at a map (I mean that in the nicest way) so you understand where you're headed! You're mixed up about how things are laid out in the area. I'm sure you can find one online somewhere.

From the airport to San Jose is more like 15-20 mins from the airport (if I'm remembering right, my shuttle dropped one party there on our way to Cabo San Lucas), while Cabo takes more like 45 mins.
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

thanks suze - It was easy enough to figure out very quickly as there are only two basic towns, but didn't realize that at first.
We arrived at the airport took a time share shuttle which dropped off tourist in San Jose then the shuttle continued on it's way dropping off people at the various places between San Jose and Cabo. We were at the Regina (next to the Westin).

Because we were in the middle of the two towns we got pretty tired of paying $28 each way for a taxi. We actually ended up taking the city bus for about $1.50 each way/per person. And it was just as fast and MUCH easier.
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 01:03 PM

Thanks for the update, nanabee. That's why I'd always recommend people staying in either one town or the other. Unless you just want to chill at a resort, those on "the Corridor" between the two towns just aren't very convenient for anything else. Like you, many people don't realize before they go how spread out the area is.
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 02:27 PM

nanabee - How was your trip?? How was the weather? Anything new and exciting? Places to eat?

We leave Wed. morning, so am curious about your trip.

Trip report?

MY
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Original Poster

Hi Michelle
The weather was perfect! Well, we had a slight drizzle one day but otherwise the temps were in the low 80's. The ocean temp was incredibly warm as well.

We met an adorable couple from No Cal who have been flying to Cabo for 20 years and they recommended The Office and Mama's for breakfast. We liked both but we had been given a recommendation from a kid who worked at Paraiso Mall. It's called Los Claros and was on a side street. They have the best fish tacos!!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...alifornia.html

suze - you are right on about the "corridor" being great if you want to stay put at a time share otherwise for first timers I would recommend staying (like you've said) in one town or the other - probably Cabo San Lucas with a day trip over to San Jose

Thanks to everyone for your help.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

Michelle one more thing, this young man also recommended a restaurant called El Torrito (I'm not sure if it is part of the chain of Mexican restaurants popular in So. Calif or not, or if I've spelled it correctly)). We didn't go there but he said is was great as well.

I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. I will look forward to hearing about it as well
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 06:12 AM

oooh, you hit some great places!! Los Claros is fantastic for tacos and such a nice local atmosphere (it's on Zaragoza at 16th de Sept). I also like Mama's and The Office for breakfasts.