Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Cabo- HI Resort AI vs. Sheraton ?? (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/cabo-hi-resort-ai-vs-sheraton-1621379/)

DebitNM Dec 18th, 2017 08:55 AM

Cabo- HI Resort AI vs. Sheraton ??

Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All Inclusive vs Sheraton ?

As far as hotel room, restuarants, beach, pools, etc which would you pick and why?

Trying to decide between these.

Sheraton will be cash + points, 6k points + $110 a night. I am Gold SPG

Hi Resort is points only 35K a night OR
Cash + points 20K +$99 I am Spire Elite

I realize that Hi includes food and drinks, but imagine the food isn't anything special.

This is for 5 nights in Feb

Thanks

suze Dec 18th, 2017 09:02 AM

Are you familiar with the layout of Los Cabos?

I ask because there are two separate town (Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo) with the "tourist Corridor" in between.

Sheraton is closer to Cabo, Holiday Inn is close to San Jose, both are ocean-front but not walking distance to a town.

DebitNM Dec 18th, 2017 09:11 AM

Yes, thanks Suze, I did know that. :o)

suze Dec 18th, 2017 09:14 AM

Oh good. I asked only because often people think they are booking walking distance to downtown Cabo and the bars, shopping, restaurants and stuff, and they're actually a 20+ minute taxi ride away.

Sorry can't help with your choice. The one time I vacationed in Cabo, I stayed downtown.s

MichelleY Dec 18th, 2017 12:25 PM

My BIL & his wife alway stay at the Holiday Inn. They love it. Plus it is right in San Jose and not far from the historical downtown. Maybe a 5 minute cab ride or 20 minute walk. I have never been to the Sheraton, but it is our on the corridor and more of a trek to either CSL or SJdC.

DebitNM Dec 18th, 2017 01:09 PM

Now adding JW Marriott into the mix.

160K with fifth night free. Gold there; so room upgrade and breakfast.

Think the Sheraton is going out of the mix.

MichelleY Dec 18th, 2017 03:42 PM

Marriott is a much newer development, heading out towards the East Cape from San Jose. Again, we have only driven by. The positive with the Sheraton is it’s central on the corridor, so you would be more likely to go to CSL.

suze Dec 19th, 2017 06:16 AM

I really enjoyed Medano Beach and central downtown Cabo San Lucas (surprisingly a lot more than I expected too). It's a regular Mexican town if you cross the main boulevard to the inland side away from the Marina, etc. Also Pariso Mall is pretty fun for high end shopping, or window shopping.

Not suggesting anything about your lodging, since I don't know thoes 3 resorts even by sight, just wherever you end up you might enjoy a day in town.

tom42 Dec 19th, 2017 09:29 AM

<<Now adding JW Marriott into the mix.>>

Let's see - JW Marriott with room upgrade and daily breakfast vs. Holiday Inn AI. That would be a no brainer for me. JW Marriott would win every time.

DebitNM Dec 19th, 2017 11:47 AM

I have since found out that no free breakfast at JW, as it's a resort and I only have gold.

We are going for The Sheraton; decision made with hub's input!

MichelleY Dec 19th, 2017 07:33 PM

Please report back and let us know how you liked the Sheraton.

DebitNM Dec 20th, 2017 05:08 PM

Will do.

wtm003 Dec 23rd, 2017 05:43 PM

We got back from our first trip to Cabo about a week ago and stayed at the Hilton. We really enjoyed the beach and the quiet of being away from town, but also the easy access to CSL and SJdC via the public bus, so I would've suggested the Sheraton based on our trip.

Have a great trip!