bus vs plane Guadalajara to leon

Feb 18th, 2001, 09:11 AM
Bob

bus vs plane Guadalajara to leon

Arrive Guadalajara feb28 th need info on travel& to whom to contact to get reservations on a bus or plane March 1 to get direct to the
Leon Airport or to our hotel in Guanajuato
Do not want to fly or bus via Mecico City
Thanks Bob

Feb 19th, 2001, 08:27 AM
Terri

Bus service is very good in Mexico. You shouldn't need reservations for bus travel. For information on bus schedules, go to magic-bus.com. There is lots of useful information about Mexico's bus services. If you want luxury bus service, we loved ETN. Although other companies were good too.

Terri

Feb 25th, 2001, 10:23 AM
Marty

Bob, you will have no problem purchasing bus tickets once you are there. I have always gone straight out to the bus terminals and purchased tickets for the next available departure. Mexico has many wonderful bus lines like ETN and Flecha Amarilla. I would recommend 1st or luxury class. There are so many buses leaving at various departure times, that you will have no problem finding a bus. By the way, if you haven't been to Guanajuato, it's an amazing city with so much charm and historical significance. I would spend less time in Leon. Although it does have a beautiful "centro" the rest of it is very industrial. Leon is the city of shoes! If you are interested in taking a pair home or anything leather, then you may want to make a day trip out of it. Also nearby is Queretaro, if you have a chance to check out the Capitol city Queretaro, Queretaro, I would highly recommend it. It's one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen. Colonial, charming, and very romantic! Have a wonderful time!!

Feb 25th, 2001, 12:16 PM
Ann

We're just back from that area. We used ETN to travel from Guanajuato to San Miguel de Allende and then again on to Mexico City. It was an excellent service - very compfortable seats, air conditioning, a video, and cold drink and sandwich included in the price! We booked ahead a couple of days because we had to be sure but it wasn't really necessary for the first journey. The second leg to Mexico City was almost full however. Another thing to be aware of, the bus left 20 minutes early from Guanajuato. Primera Plus also run a first class service.

Mar 20th, 2001, 09:05 PM
ARodriguez

This was my first trip to Guadalajara and Leon, Guanajuato. Driving within the city is quite a challenge, you need a co-pilot with a 20/20 vision and a good pair of binoculars, as most of the street's names are just a small rectangular sign on a corner building; therefore a map is almost useless, I spent almost 3 hours looking for my hotel. Rental cars and hotels quite expensive; however service is top quality almost everywhere. Lowest priced Alamo was twice the price for 4 days in Guadalajara as it is for a week in Orlando; trip from Guadalajara to Leon is a good 4 hour drive; excellent freeway. If you love shopping, these are two excellent places to go.

Search this Thread